Irish People Poppy Watch

To paraphrase the immortal Flano who was quoting Pete Seeger “Where have all the flowers gone?”

Brits out.

Ooh Ah Up the Ra

The Brits have a remarkable ignorance of their own history it must be said

A Nation Once Again

david trimble he will tremble when the IRA reassemble

Remember how you slew them auld Arabs two by two

Would the arabs really have had bows and arrows?

a holster that’s been empty many’s a day…

That’s bollocks. I was at the centenary celebration of the Battle of Jutland in Scapa Flow last year and they were to a man extremely knowledgeable.

Thought that was The Zulus ? They had spears at Rorke’s Drift when Michael Caine beat them anyway, I know that for sure.

:smiley:

Yeah but it goes ‘like the zulus they (the arabs) has spears and bows and arrows’. Which is debateable. The zulus had rifles in that film.

The line is “Like Zulus they had spears and bow and arrows”

Like is the important word here.

Its tell us how you slew them bould arabs 2x2 and Zulus they had spears and bow and arrows.

Basically a numerically superior force of Zulus attacked them with spears and they :guns::guns::guns: them

edit runty beat me

[quote=“Julio Geordio”]Its tell us how you slew them bould arabs 2x2 and Zulus they had spears and bow and arrows.

Basically a numerically superior force of Zulus attacked them with spears and they :guns::guns::guns: them

edit runty beat me[/quote]

He didn’t ‘beat you to it’. You were wrong. You should be ashamed of yourself.

That’s a fair point about the Arabs in that song. The historical accuracy of Wolfe Tones songs has often been questionable. I believe during the republican jail break alluded to in The Helicopter Song, down in the Dail they were actually pinting and hadn’t yet had either a gin or a brandy when the phone rang.

[quote=“Julio Geordio”]Its tell us how you slew them bould arabs 2x2 and Zulus they had spears and bow and arrows.

edit runty beat me[/quote]

Our answers are totally different you ludar

I’ve often wondered myself about some of these rebel songs. I reckon in the odd one or two of them, they somewhat glorified the events and are pretty far related from what actually happen.

:eek:

:guns::guns: