Irish politicians

FFS a bit of cop on please.

2 Likes

That’s still your inference, mate.

If true, it’s fairly extraordinary that he isn’t sure he’s the person in the article because nobody has spoken to him yet. If he’s innocent it’s a horrible stitch up by the media and Gardaí or whoever leaked it.

2 Likes

You said to Bomber “Why would his sexuality matter?” to the alleged accusations coming out of him molesting kids.

I was giving a reason as to why a gay man might interfere with kids. Say they are closet homosexuals, then this could be a way of them getting their kicks and “getting away with it without anyone knowing” i.e. by getting at innocent kids who know no better. I have pointed no fingers at anyone personally.

A lot of priests molested kids if you recall. A lot of these priests were closet homosexuals if you recall. So there is a more reasonable chance to my mind that a closet homosexual battling with his demons and conscience might molest kids quicker than say a happily married man, a straight man in a relationship, or an asexual for example.

Now get off your high horse.

1 Like

Who? Kev?

:smile:

He was a major force behind the gay homosexual marriage referendum.

It must be concerning for those that voted yes.

What sort of people are you supporting???

:frowning_face_with_open_mouth::frowning_face_with_open_mouth::frowning_face_with_open_mouth::frowning_face_with_open_mouth::frowning_face_with_open_mouth::frowning_face_with_open_mouth:

Would you allow a gay homosexual with question marks around their past behaviour to spend time with your children?

No of course not, what kind of question is that. Irresponsible for any parent to do so considering they had “question marks over past behaviour” as you put it.

Good, we were worried for a minute.

Again you associate paedophillia with homesexuality.

I blame irish society and religion (ironically enough)for gay men going into priesthood to hide their sexuality. Nothing else. There were also many gay priests who nsver you hed a person

I would hazard a guess that there are alot more “straight” paedos than gay.

Its clear you have deep rooted presumptious and homophobic beliefs.

Bizarre stuff, why would he resign if he doesn’t even know if they are investigating him?

Because he knows they are investigating him.

You’d imagine so.

Yes, obviously he (or the party), allegedly, was tipped off by the reports but hasn’t been officially informed of any investigation.

That would have led to a sit down with the party heads yesterday, allegedly, and resulted in the decision to leap before he was pushed, allegedly.

I saw some comment last night saying journalists were getting in touch but nothing had been heard from Gardai. As Croppy says - in that situation he jumped.

Very poor form from the Guards on this - leakier than ever it would seem. It surely is an incredibly serious offence for Guards to be leaking stuff like this to the media - as in sackable stuff.

The alleged offences have been described as being at the “minor end of the scale” whatever that means.

Involving minors?

Happens everywhere and there’s very little you can do about it unless you can prove outright that something happened.

You’d only ever catch out complete idiots who was inept at covering their tracks up.

I’m watching The West Wing at the moment so I feel like I have the inside track on how these things work.

3 Likes

Where you up to?