Irish Soccer Players Abroad

We shouldn’t be scrubbing around looking for eligibility lads. Fcuk that.

He grew up in Ireland. It’s hardly a reach.

Course it is. Scrubbing around lads playing for Rotherham reserves. They should be giving LOI players a go, not the non union equivalent of Hamish mcjockstrap

He mightn’t be a current LoI player but he’s still one of us.

He is a first team regular for them. He may well be a good player for us, he may also only win a handful of caps. Don’t see the issue with giving him an opportunity

@Perez2017 got his wish.

He moved to Ireland when he was 7 and lived here till about 21, playing for two LOI teams and gaelic football with Nemo Rangers. I think this is the wrong one to be making that point on

1 Like

Has anyone even considered a LOI player?
Course not, because none of ye lads give a flying fcuk about it.

Rotherham would beat a LOI Best XI selection and I say that as a fan of the LOI. Getting him to declare for Ireland is great news. Both @Thomas_Brady and I identified his potential when we saw him at the Markets Field

absolute nonsense mate. Drogheda got to the group stages of Europe recently enough and didn’t do too badly. Rovers would beat 7 shades of piss out of Rotherham also

Dundalk mate

all the one innit, point stands. You were talking chungum

I dunno. I think Rotherham would beat them. They’re a championship side from next season. I don’t see a LOI team beating a championship side

Rovers and Dundalk would hold their own in the Championship mate

1 Like

Now you’ve the beautiful south in my head …

Were ye in Fuscos?

I should be a scout mate.

Ah come here mate. They’d be lucky to hold their own in league 2.

his nickname is dozy as well…
serious bloody player tho- nigeria musnt have been interested - he was unreal with limerick i thought- out and out old fashioned wide man

I remember seeing limerick beating cork a couple of years back. Ogbene and Kieran Sadler were the 2 best players on the field by a mile. I think the 2 of them could be starting wingers for Ireland in a year or two.

1 Like