Irish soccerball nil - That boy Bazunu will save us (Part 1) 🐐

Troy Parrott turns 19 today. Here’s hoping he starts growing up and manages to right the ship.

Evan will be our new messiah. Him, Doran, Conroy, the Bohs boys will save us

I thought the same about Parrott.

I warned you boys about Troy from the off.

The two Laois boys wouldn’t mess about with them nefarious sorts

Corks own Conor Hourihan scored again this evening for Swansea.

He’s had a great start in fairness. Annoying though that Spock will probably start him if he keeps going well

Good stuff. He might get a step back up again. I know he’s only on loan but I was thinking championship might be his level

he has alwys been shit for Ireland

think we can write him off as a dud

Stands in the left back position to receive the ball and passes 5 yards across to centre half. Excellent at set pieces but thats it.

I fully accept that he is excellent at set pieces in general, but he’s been absolutely abysmal on them for Ireland

If he can fire in the championship he’s at a level beyond a lot of our options. I have not been in anyway impressed with him for Ireland though. Maybe the run of games will stand to him

1 Like

We are kind of hoping he comes alive in the way Kane did, he doesn’t look overly technical, quick or strong at the moment but he seems to have good instincts. It could be a case of him getting his strength at 22 or 23. He isn’t a Robbie Keane type prodigy at 18 anyway but he has serious pedigree.

Apart from the goal he scored v Georgia

Are you talking about Hourihane here or Parrott?

1 Like

Was thinking the same myself :thinking:

What’s his pedigree?

Nice story in the IT today about that promising soccer player from Waterford Tega Agberhiere who was the victim of an acid attack a couple of years ago. He’s on a soccer scholarship at a university in Texas now.

4 Likes

Very highly thought of Spurs underage player. Any Irish young lad at a club of that stature for that long is probably useful in the modern day when they’ve the pick of the entire world.

Sorry, ya Parrott. He wasn’t great the night against New Zealand.

Hourihane is a nothing player really. Does flashy things but can’t do the bread and butter stuff.

Scored a great goal the other day for Swansea but he hides.

aaron maceniff made his debut for the diet huns last night cc @Bandage after moving from rovers earlier this week

1 Like