Irish soccerball nil - That boy Bazunu will save us (Part 1) ๐Ÿ

Whatโ€™s his new role mate?

An independent director, so maybe I should remove the word gainful from my original post.

https://www.the42.ie/packie-bonner-fai-egm-5444223-May2021/?amp=1

Alongside the indefatigable Robert Watt. Nice work if you can get it

Two assists for young Aiden McGeady in the play off semi final second leg. Sunderland have levelled the tie in the first half.

McGeady should have been a superstar for the talent he had. Maybe lacked a half yard of pace.

1 Like

Yep and consistency. I remember reading Celtic had employed a new fitness coach and McGeady had specifically requested to see was there a way to eke out an extra half yard of pace. He sometimes got a raw deal from the Ireland fans who preferred Stephen Hunt scuttling around winning throw ins than a mercurial talent.

Big shout on my part but much more talented than Damien Duff. Two footed, way more skilful but Duff had a greater desire. McGeady was the only player who made the dreadful Trapatoni era bearable.

The night against Milan in the Champions League in either 06 or 07, he looked nailed on for the top.

Earned very well out Russia I think, 90k p/wโ€ฆand they paid a good fee when heโ€™d only a year on his Celtic deal.

He is by far the biggest disappointment of that era. Martinez even gave him a shot at Everton when in all honesty, it was over at that level.

Iโ€™ll always have good time for McGeady for the role he played in Bradyโ€™s goal in Lille.

1 Like

Jose knocked the flair out of Duff. He was exciting at Blackburn and in the Kerr youth teams.

Mandroiu gets the call up

1 Like

McClean is a defender now it seems

McGrath is the St Mirren lad?

Jamie McGrath?

Brings a few goals to the party at least

Will Obefemi ever get a run again?
Jamie McGrath deserves a go.

Yep 17 goals this season albeit 10 from the spot.

Spock has a grudge against him and Graeme Burke

2 Likes

Graham Burke has no pace mate. Nowhere near that level.

Obafemi barely played a game all season