Irish soccerball nil - That boy Jinky will save us (Part 2)

Absolute fucking shite. Cunts. Fuck Delaney the prick for this

I fucking hate that Castore logo, it reminds me of a foveal pit, which is the dip in the middle of your retina on an OCT scan. It’s also clearly modelled on the old Adidas trefoil with the middle bit taken out. I’d prefer Joma.

If that’s the design, it’s like the O’Neills one in the 80s that most people pine after. You can’t please anyone these days :person_shrugging:

2 Likes

I like it mate

1 Like

It looks like a lot from Pro Evolution soccer

1 Like

It has been sentenced to deletion from the brandmax website.

It’s basically a retro knockoff, surely what all the hipsters have been crying out for

Ah stop, its like something you’d get from Pennys.

It’ll look nice on I bet

I’ll reserve judgment until I see it in person. But I quite like it.

1 Like

You backed the wrong horse, Horse. No shame in a climb down.

What?

Amen. Having said that, this will be a classic. I’d advise all jersey oddballs to buy ten of them. Three to wear and seven to keep in the bag as a pension for 30 years time.

What has set out Evan Ferguson from likes of Parrott, Connolly and Idah? When they were all 18 they were highly touted as the next big thing to don the green jersey. Their stock has plummeted in the last number of years. Idah and Parrott have a combined 37 appearances in the Championship this term and only 2 goals between them. Is it player development at Brighton, upbringing/stable family, natural talent and temperment. Probably the nost impressive thing about Ferguson is his demeanour and he comes across more like a 28 year old than an 18 year old. To bounce back so soon after that Fabinho challenge is a very positive sign too.

Don’t think the others did things at the top level on a similar consistent basis. Their managers also weren’t as complimentary about their attitude as Fergusons is

3 Likes

Parrott never scored a premier league goal did he? Did he even play? Idah has one premier league goal.
Parrott was certainly hyped, but never actually did anything (yet at least)
The only one comparable would be Connolly. Connolly sadly seems to be a bit of a gom. Hopefully he can get his head down at Hull and drive on again.
It is early doors for Ferguson no doubt, but he seems to be very exciting and God knows we are long overdue a decent player

1 Like

I would be wary of getting carried away but at 18, I don’t think either Idah or Parrott had played much more than children’s football.

Parrott never got a run for Spurs and was hyped purely on underage performances. He did well last season at MK Dons but that was in League One.

Idah did play the odd game for Norwich in the Premier League but has never looked like a clinical goalscorer the way Ferguson has. I do like Idah though, I think if he can stay fit and get a good run of games, he definitely has something as a hold-up/link-up player.

Continuous games are key. Doesn’t always have to be starts but regular football with a healthy amount of starts is what any young footballer needs, at whatever the appropriate level is.

2 Likes

Is Ferguson hanging around with known criminals?

Tom Cannon has scored more this season than Idah and Parrott combined and has also outscored Connolly. He could well be be next in the pecking order to Ferguson, in the years to come. Also like Idah, think he could still develop into a useful option.

1 Like

Reminds me of this, quite a nasty tweet truth be told