Irish soccerball nil - That boy Jinky will save us (Part 2)

What’s worse is they might get it

@padjo @Mac @Ceist

Please post the full article
FAI’s €863m infrastructure plan is landing at a significant time | Independent.ie

works out at 34m per year, or twice what the greyhound industry is getting

They’ve been talking about modernizing facilities since 1999 and yet there’s clubs that still don’t have proper dressing rooms with running water. What has all the grant money and public funds been wasted on?

taking facilities from really shit to shit

1 Like

Twee anecdote.

I think my last year playing in the Wexford league was 2007 or 2008 and there were at least 3 teams in our league that didn’t have proper dressing rooms. One had a portakabin that only 1 team could use. At the time the ambition and mandate was for every club to have proper dressing rooms with hot showers by 2000 I think

1 Like

This doesn’t look promising

I hope you’re correct on this Perez. His loyalty will be tested now.

I think Preston North End want to sign Cannon next year. Maybe playing second fiddle to Ferguson made him have second thoughts regarding Ireland. It will be interesting but i bet he stays.

He’s gone

Fucking Delaney the cunt.

Spock has fucked it.

Wonder if the back slapping Irish media will try and slate Spock like they did MON for Grealish and Rice.

1 Like

If Cannon doesnt want to play then let him off. Plenty honoured to wear the jersey.

Saw Spock on the lunchtime news there and he brushed the Cannon thing off with all the hallmarks of a lad who knows he’s fucked it up.

Separately one of the teams the U21’s were due to play have decided not to travel so they only have 2 games. Some shambles.

I don’t think there’s anyone that could do anything about the Cannon situation. And it was Gabon that pulled out of u21 game.

How the fuck did they end up with a friendly against Gabon in Austria

Ah fuck knows. It was fairly random.

Yeah he came to prominence for Preston after the conclusion of the Nations League last autumn so there weren’t really any competitive games we could have capped him in bar the France game to trap him. But even then players can change nationality as long as they’ve played less than 5 competitive games nowadays is it?