Irish soccerball nil - That boy Jinky will save us (Part 2)

He has never actually been a manager.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

I’d be sceptical of him because he was involved in Kenny’s set-up at all. Fair enough he may have been the main reason we dismantled Scotland 3-0 but we lost to Armenia the week before that. You only need to look at the likes of Paul Clement to see that a highly rated No.2 doesn’t necessarily make a good manager.

2 Likes
  • Carsley
  • Hughton
  • Barry
0 voters

If the above three are the only serious candidates who would you go for?

If we pass up the chance to appoint Big Sam we’ll get what we deserve

1 Like

Big Sam and a Greggs sponsorship will save Ireland

Other or none not options, why?

Because awkward windy cunts like you would just pick that rather than express an opinion and i wanted to see which of those three was the most popular seeing as they seem to be touted as the most likely in recent days.

Awkward?

Cunts

Windy

I’m withdrawing my vote for that nasty outburst. I would encourage others to do likewise

I’m going to go Carsley but it’s on the basis of nothing really. English 21s are unreal at the minute, not sure how much input he had.

Barry despite never being a manager is probably far more experienced.

Houghton probably the safe pair of hands. Experienced and would make us hard to beat I’m sure.

Think Carsley is a bit of a swing for the fences shot. But fuck it. Desperate times and all that

Passing up Big Sam will be our Jack/Paisley moment.

Bob woulda won Euro 88 and Italia 90.

1 Like

You couldn’t have someone with the surname Paisley managing the ROI MNT (I’m sure this was the thinking of the FAI at the time).

Barry is a 3-5-2 man. Very regimented system. I suppose we could go Ebosele and Manning wing backs. We have decent centre half’s. Midfield the massive issue. Luca Connell back flying for Barnsley. If he could move up to championship he could be an option.

Bayern Munich don’t play a 3-5-2, they’re a 4-2-3-1 based on United game. Belgium played a 3-4-3 under him and so did Portugal. I think Ireland played a 3-4-3 when he was with Kenny too. I’m almost sure they did

Under him is a very strong term

2 Likes

Incorrect term. Wasnt arsed to go back and edit it but the coach would have a big input on tactical approach. Whether he’s dictating it or not depends on the manager and the set up

3-5-2 v Scotland. Obafemi and Parrott up front. Eustace might have been in by then maybe.

So you’re basing your original statement on one game? “Regimented” alright

1 Like