Irish soccerball nil - That boy Jinky will save us (Part 2)

:fire: @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

https://twitter.com/reptracker/status/1771228735636644238?t=DAFeifWvYCu47d8LWMM26g&s=19

2 Likes

There has been great talk for a while up here about a young fella who has already played for Linfield and I see he has now signed for Arsenal. He is an O’Neill from Kilrea too, though not sure if he has connections to Irelands former boss. Whether he plays for the north or south I’d be confident in saying he will be the first international for either with the name Ceadach.

Klopp told him to play for the North.

1 Like

Interesting interview from Greg Halford in today’s Sunday Times slating Roy Keane and Mick McCarthy. 2 absolute dinosaurs. Roy a total bully and Mick a clueless manager.

Hmmm. A quick google shows you this halford chap had about 18 clubs in his 20 year career. It would seem all managers rate him as much as he rates them

8 Likes

He might be right about both Keane & McCarthy but my memories of Halford were that he was a very poor player with a poor attitude. Had an ego that did not match his ability, could definitely see how he wouldn’t be a manager’s favourite.

1 Like

Now if it was Mick Halford

Was he with waterford recently?

The horsey fella?

He was.

I don’t really remember him playing for them though, might have been one of the Covid years?

1 Like

You’ve a deep level of horsey knowledge for a lad who supposedly hates it

1 Like

By god, you galloped in quickly there

He’s clearly not though. Mick mcCarthy has a track record which speaks for itself. He’s obviously a very competent manager at solidifying a team and making them hard to beat. His influence wanes after a couple of years. Keane’s managerial career seems to be a laughing stock and yet its not even that bad. Few managers ever win anything ever. He won a league giving other teams a 6 game start. They stayed up the next season i think? Plenty of managers would love that record. His lack of empathy with other humans seems to be his massive problem!

Halford is, like you said, a chump giving out about managers who didn’t like him. That’s it.

1 Like

Gordon Strachan surely won’t be the new manager?

Strachan would be great fun. He’d make clane shite out of that O Donoghue cunt

Didn’t Keane give Greg Halford a bit of a digging in his autobiography? Said he should’ve reneged on signing him as soon as he met him and the agent. Halford claiming that Keane got Sunderland promoted on fear yet he didn’t even sign for them until 2007 so he didn’t participate in that promotion season at all.

https://twitter.com/irishtimessport/status/1772209563304886565?s=46

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

Anyone with a sub to provide the copy & paste?

I see FotF Gav Cooney had a tweet linking to his piece in The 42 (haven’t read the piece) saying “O’Shea sticks to Kenny blueprint” or something like that.

1 Like

What a line to come out with.

“Klopp sticks with Hodgson blueprint”

Actually signing Halford in the first place is what really highlighted Keane’s major flaw as a manager. He wasted so much money.

Sunderland played Colchester and Halford ran the show. He was unbelievably good in that game but you don’t sign a player off one game and that’s another chunk of money down the drain. If Keane had a proper scouting system in place, with the money he spent, they could have signed players to be regularly top half.