Irish soccerball nil - That boy Jinky will save us (Part 2)

I support my legs because they support me.

1 Like

Bazunu is some fraud, two horrific goals conceded tonight

He is off form atm mate

Two woeful goals gone past him this evening. Iā€™m very uncomfortable vouching for the Cork man but tis the obvious option as things stand

Heā€™s been off form for two years buddy

2 more goals for Szmodics he will surely be getting a move to the premier league next season most likely with one of the promoted sides.

Szmodics looks like our best player at present.

Himself and Ogbene, would be a massive boost if Ferguson can get his confidence back.

1 Like

I was really impressed with Ireland. Can pick a pass too.

Celtic are in for him I think. He hasnā€™t a million years on the contract.

I watched Szmodics today. Two very well-taken goals but he doesnā€™t do anything in general play really.

Now, people donā€™t really care as long as heā€™s scoring but heā€™s on a fairly freakish run at the moment and Blackburn continue to struggle despite that.

I wouldnā€™t be getting carried away. Blackburn accommodate him in the team because he scores at that level, will Ireland do the same? We donā€™t have a natural 10 so we probably can to a degree; if thereā€™s a target man for him to play off.

1 Like

Seen very little of him but had a few nice passes in the Ireland games. The question as to whether you can accommodate him - given there is no other reliable source of goals I think you have to. We are unable to control games with or without him. Having a poaching knack at international level is vital. Washed up top quality players like Bale and Robbie Keane were doing the business right til the end and the likes of Pukki and David Healy have 40 odd international goals.

I am surprised you think that. Very impressed with Szmodics in general play for Ireland. Can pick a pass.

1 Like

The worst thing that can happen him is ending up in the premier league. He wonā€™t score five goals then. Would lose all confidence.

1 Like

I would be very very shocked if he makes it to the Premier League. Heā€™s just not good enough for that, I donā€™t think and I donā€™t see him being the type of player any Premier League moves for.

A good Championship player but there are so many players better than him in the division.

Not many of those better players are Irish though. The one Iā€™ve been most impressed by, comfortably, is Azaz. As an all-round footballer, I think heā€™s a good bit better than Szmodics. Stats arenā€™t quite as impressive but he makes things happen. Mikey Johnston has obviously been very impressive since signing and Alan Browne is always very strong at that level.

Moran is very young but I was hoping for a little bit more from him. After his good run before Christmas, he has fallen out of favour completely at a struggling side.

Agree completely. Iā€™d rather lads playing at the top six in the championship than fighting relegation in the premier league.

1 Like

Ireland had 8 premier league player was it starting v Belgium. Szmodics was our best player by a distance in this game.

Have you ever heard the phrase one swallow doesnā€™t make a summer?

Nearly every player does his best on their debut as well. You need to see him ten or twelve times before youā€™ll really know.

This fella isnā€™t 19 or 20. Hes 27 going on 28. Heā€™s having a great season but little to suggest heā€™ll repeat it.

Nearly ever player does his bet on their debut

Paul Butler must have really been some ball of shit.

Technically Szmodics looks excellent. I think he will get a decent move in Summer.