Irish soccerball nil - That boy Jinky will save us (Part 2)

Heā€™s actually 28 going on 29. Plenty of late bloomers in Association Football though. Ian Wright the prime example. Or more recently lads like Luca Toni, Jamie Vardy, Jose Fonte, Rickie Lambert and even Wataru Endo at Liverpool.

I decent move to where? Blackpool?

There isnā€™t. Thereā€™s very very few.

Your man is a mid table championship player. Nothing to suggest heā€™ll improve on that. Heā€™s small and not the quickest of players either.

Brentford want him supposedly

You can see with Evan Ferguson already. Heā€™s a superb footballer but slow as a wet weak in tramore and defences have figured that out.

I wouldnā€™t mind seeing him play slightly deeper in the Francesco totti type role with a striker whoā€™ll stretch the defence and run into the corners.

We are wasting our time with Ferguson up top on his own anyway.

Heā€™s a decent technical player and we donā€™t have so many that we can afford to pass up what we have. He has a good eye for goal (and can take a set-piece) and is tidy around the box.

But heā€™s not a player who is going to dominate games.

Heā€™d start over Ferguson at the moment.

Szmodicsā€™ two finishes at Sunderland were wonderful - taking the first one in his stride & firing it in with little back lift & opening up his body & directing the cut back into the far corner for the second. Other than such goal clips, Iā€™ve never seen him play apart from those two Ireland games & I was mightily impressed in a @Perez2017 type manner.

2 Likes

Je suis Smodicks

Idah > Fergusson

Why not have both?

Cos Idah is shit.

Gaffney & Idah would be a better partnership

1 Like

If they set up a bespoke cafe or plumbing business maybe.

10 Likes

He just needs to put it all togetherā€¦like a Lego

Can someone change the thread title to Szmodic please?

An Idah and Ferguson front two with Smodickz probing between the lines.

Ferguson in the Totti role and Szmodic being the next Luca Toni are 2 of the funniest things Iā€™ve read on here in a while

2 Likes

This is potentially the most exciting Irish attacking combination since Trapp deployed Shane Long and Simon Cox

A near 37 year old Gaffney leading the line is exactly what we need for USA 26ā€™.

1 Like