Irish soccerball nil - That boy Jinky will save us (Part 2)

Twould narrow the pitch I suppose but Ogbene would do a fine job at left-wingback.

He tore Trent a new one from left wing last season (not exactly a hard task admittedly)

1 Like

Yeah, I wouldnā€™t mind that at all. Would you trust Ebosele on the right?

I guess Doherty will do in the meantime but he is one of the most frustrating players Iā€™ve ever watched.

Yeah, I think you have to go with Festy, big strong kid. You could go Festy RWB, Doherty LWB and Ogbene into the front 3 as well I suppose. Depends how motivated Doherty is really.

Doherty is a spineless Cunt and doesnā€™t deserve to wear the shirt

1 Like

I dunno. Didnā€™t he score maybe 5 goals across 2 or 3 games at one stage but was otherwise a useless shaper? He was strutting his stuff during that brief 6-9 month period in the Anthony Barry era when there were some positive signs, maybe scoring against Azerbaijan & Qatar or the likes. Thankfully we now have Idah, Ferguson & others to build around.

I wouldnā€™t let Doherty line out for Dromore,heā€™s a coward.Takes the easy option every time.Should never have got another game after his sending off last year

2 Likes

Alan Browne has done a passable job at right back

Sam Curtis is a prospect at RB. Although having seen footage of him on a recent podcast Iā€™d be slightly worried that heā€™s a bit of a big time Charlie. Certainly didnā€™t come across as being from the Seamus Coleman school of right-backs.

1 Like

Festy gave one of the worst cameoā€™s i have ever seen v Switzerland.

Anto Hudsons Green and White Army
Anto Hudsons Green and White Army

Iā€™d take John Oā€™Shea over David Moyes.

I think Big Sam is available

Why? David Moyes has a better track record as a manager than Southgate and Roberto Martinez. Thatā€™s a mad take. A decent club manager is top tier at international level.

Steve Bruce is the man

Mark Hughes is the man if that lad who was sacked from his club job in the Qatari second division is out of our league, and it looks like he is.

Hughes has extensive Premier League managerial experience and has qualified Wales for a major championship play-off and beaten Italy.

Appoint him as the messiah.

Moyes will play Coleman until he is 40. Most negative manager going aswell.

Pragmatism proves successful enough in international football. Moyes blooded the likes of Wayne Rooney, James Vaughan and Jack Rodwell when they were 16. So clearly heā€™s not completely opposed to integrating young players into a team. West Hamā€™s most successful manager of the past 40 years and a man who finished in the Champions League places with Everton is more than qualified for the Ireland job.

I like John Oā€™ Shea but itā€™s a complete shot in the dark. Iā€™m sure you were singing Stan Stauntonā€™s praises after they beat Sweden 3-0 in 2006 too.

Why are you so ageist?

He was a ferociously good player. One of the most underrated of the last 40.years in english football Iā€™d say

1 Like