Irish soccerball nil - That boy Jinky will save us (Part 2)

The Turks in pot 4. Be a nightmare draw.

Estonia and Latvia below Gibraltar? Latvia made the Euros once. Estonia made a play-off a decade ago

U21s are 11/2 this evening, looks overpriced to me on current form il have a nibble.

1 Like

I don’t think so, a very good Italian team who are likely to win by a couple of goals. They battered us in Dublin and 2-0 was flattering.

That was November pal it’s June now.

You can tell it to the Fugees.

Italy by two.

1 Like

Obafemi not in the matchday squad, but Ogbene is available. Festy is included and so is Ryan Manning but late call up Jimmy Dunne isn’t. Possibly looking at a back three of O’Shea, Collins and Lenihan?

As it happens, my life partner was in the Mater Private for a Sunday lunchtime appointment and Ryan Manning arrived in with a back room team member (“some Irish player called Ryan with the initials RM on his top”). The lady at reception quipped that she was Scottish and an Ireland player was the last person she wanted to see. Everyone had a polite little laugh and then Ryan and the physio type explained they were here for the hamstring scan. The lady said that someone was being scanned at the moment but Ryan was next in line. I trust than the scan was all clear, thus allowing Ryan to make the trip to Lodz. That reminds me I saw Suzanne ex Fair City yesterday and didn’t log it in the celebrity spotting thread yet.

1 Like

Took Darren 12 hours to get to Italy apparently. The great man being over there adds to the sense of occasion. Evan Ferguson starts!

Didn’t realise that Ireland had such an appalling U21 record at the height of the Golden Era (1988-1994). Lost 8-0 to Germany at U21 level in the early 90’s apparently.

GUFC legend Ryan Manning has hamstrings like elastic bands. Made of hardy Cregmore stock. There was no need for the scan. He’ll be grand.

Ah clumsy penalty.

What channel?

I would question how the lad Kerrigan is on the pitch, Wright not good enough either.

RTE

O’Shea on the phone there.

Wright could have slipped Ferguson through on goal earlier but took an age on the ball. Kerrigan plays for UCD I think whilst studying there.

Chance

You can take it as a given that Evan Ferguson has what it takes to make a career.

1 Like

Smallbone is class lads he’s what the seniors are crying out for years, the vision and touch for the passing.

Responded well to the penalty.