Irish soccerball nil - That boy Jinky will save us (Part 2)

Two games with teams who were denied World Cup spots in recent days and were on the beach. Scotland had zero interest whatsoever.

Drew with a better Denmark team away under Mick no?

There’s no reasoning with him at all at on this subject.

I watch a lot of soccer mate but at the end of the day multi million pound mercenaries dont care and it is soulless. Great soap opera i will grant you. Ireland is different, it matters. Ireland at a big tournament and you can literally feel the buzz. After years of turgid, depressing football it is great to see Ireland actually trying to play.

Sure you’ve taken a massive issue with two of the last three managers to lead us to international tournaments.

International football is about being compact, giving away nothing and being effective on the counter with a good set piece threat.

This obsession with good football is nonsense. It’s about results.

In fact you’d huge issues with big mick who had us on the cusp of qualifying for the euros until this clown kenny took over and undone all his good work.

Kick and rush under Mick, smash and grab. Denmark are miles better now than they were in 2019. Massively improved. They were nowhere near the team in 2019 that they are now.

No successful team at international level plays exciting football.

That great Spanish team had two dms and bored the opposition to sleep. Even played with no striker.

Perez thinks this the epl fantasy league.

Mick is a nice man but since Ireland job he has been ran out of Cyprus and Cardiff. No one plays that type of football anymore. Did you watch the game last night? Ireland actually tried to play football.

I’m not going to read anything into a glorified friendly.

Last night was an entertaining game. I enjoyed the Scotland game. I remember watching Ireland v Wales in Cardiff. 29% possession and fluked a win. A manegerial master class by O’Neill apparently. Month later beat 5-1 by Denmark. That type of football doesnt wash anymore.

Under Martin o Neill we were mixing it with a great French side in the last sixteen of the euros.

Your waffling on about a game against an awful Scottish team who were on the beach.

Your in total dreamland.

I’d imagine the truth as always is somewhere between the two.

1 Like

Played well v France but for a finish was a shambles.

He reads the Star and listens to OTB.

I haven’t really been following this thread but it seems like preferred eleven for Ireland is being discussed.

I’m very surprised to see Ogbene barely featuring. He would be one of the first names on my eleven.

I wonder have I missed something.

1 Like

Fucking racists the lot of them mate

1 Like

Edit. Nevermind. Misread your post

What is interesting to see is the amount of Irish born and/or reared players in the squad. Very few Aldo and Cas’

Why do you hate the diaspora mate?