Irish soccerball nil - That boy Jinky will save us (Part 2)

The best way to be good at soccer for Ireland seems to be to be the son of Irish immigrants or Irish emigrants.
We need to open up the doors again to let a few more in, and send a few more abroad

Informative. Didnā€™t realise Nathan Collins was a nephew of the great Roddy Collins.

The Star is very anti Kenny. Paul Lennon the main instigator.

He isnt. I was wrong

Donā€™t think Nathan Collins us related to The Rod
Iā€™m pretty sure his uncle is Eamonn Collins who managed St Pats in the early 2000s
Around the time Tony ā€œThe bird man of Inchicoreā€ Bird was playing for Pats

1 Like

I agree he has been one of our better performers but hard to find a place for him if weā€™re going to stick with the 352 which we probably should

His father is Dave Collins the ex-Liverpool and Ireland under-21 centre half who there was a lot of expectation about circa 1990 but never came through.

Hopefully the familial connection will lead Nathan back home to Anfield.

1 Like

If we are going with a 3-5-2, the success or failure of it will depend on the wing backs.

Unfortunately i think its the area we are weakest at, particularly the left side.

Doherty is one and heā€™s the highest level player we have. He can play either side. So we need one more wing back on either side.

Omobmaidele was touted for a defensive midfield role. What about right wing back? I think he has the football in him.

Southampton strikes me as a club which would be an excellent fit for Collins. Liverpool should buy him and loan him to Southampton for three years and then bring him back as the natural successor to Big Virgil.

Remind me again when a player was loaned to a club for three years in the past.

Southampton will do what their told

One of the better FFL team names Iā€™ve seen is Liverhampton.

Thereā€™s absolutely no depth there.

Doherty picks up a lot of knocks too so you canā€™t be building around him

Festy should be an option right wing back if he continues to improve. Left wing back a big problem. Callum Oā€™Dowda possibly. Injury prone but just moved to Cardiff. Tidy footballer.

Presume City have a buy back?

Johnny Ward and the OTB boys not getting carried away at all.

Bazunu guaranteed no. 1 jersey at Soton, Newcastle wished to buy him but couldnā€™t guarantee same thing. Great move for Gavin, saints develop young players.

3 Likes

This is some monologue from Molloy.