Irish soccerball nil - That boy Jinky will save us (Part 2)

Festy right back, doherty left ?

Azaz could be an asset. Has Calum O’Hare at Coventry been courted?

O’Hare doesn’t qualify. I would agree with going 4 at the back.

We went three at the back out of necessity. Four at the back is better.

all our best fit/playing at club level players happened to be centre halves. Kenny seemed to prefer some version of a 4-3-3 early doors and I think some version of 4-3-1-2 or 4-1-2-3 is is his what his ideal formation would be.

Egan will start over Oma but i agree with you. I’d start Oma.

Egan offers more of a set piece threat whereas Andrew O is a better ball player and more comfortable in possesion

Okay, point well made by @Perez2017 about John Egan. Plus the more Cork lads in the team the better!!

Goalkeeper
Baz
Playing first team in the Prem, more appearances the better - get the last stand in Tallaght paid for etc etc, Caoimhe would be next in line.

Back Four
O’Shea Egan Collins Doc
O’Shea can play anywhere across the back 4

Holding Midfield
Oma Cullen
Oma is a baller, would be suited to that holding role with Cullen. Plus he is cover if someone on the back four needed to go off and you could bring on Coventry or Smallbone etc

Attacking Midfield
Knight Mol Brady
Brady makes it on for the set pieces and experience. The other two lads bombing forward in support of Fergie. Browne is also an option here

Striker
Fergie
Start with lone striker. The big lad is the future, hope to God it works out for him. Oba and Idha are back up.

I have high hopes for Oba. Think he would make a great defensive midfielder either

admins?

1 Like

He must have some Irish heritage with a name like that and he played Gaelic football up until he was 14. Must be great grandparents

Generation out mate.

Nathan Collins has some breeding in fairness. Father and uncle were professional footballers

Has Omobamidele ever played in midfield professionally? A bit wishful to think he’d be a good midfielder without any evidence

2 Likes

You can’t just step into midfield and be a good player. Rio Ferdinand couldn’t do it. Its a completely different game. Centre backs generally have the game all out in front of them. The awareness generally isn’t there.

He has all the physical attributes for it though.

Cullen is fine there anyway

1 Like

Martinez for united is another one you see mentioned as having potential do it. Only really successful one I can think of is Paul mcgrath for Ireland. A few have gone the other way like mascherano

He played further up the field as a young lad, which would be some help

Going from midfield to centre back isn’t an issue.

Lahm did it to an unbelievable level from RB to midfield. Stones was a massive failure in there and he is the poster boy for someone you’d think could do it

Lawrenson

Gareth Barry started off as a centre back/full back and was an international quality midfielder