Irish Travellers - A Proud Ethnic Group

Pavee Point are sure to be seething at the priest this morning. :smiley:

The priest was gas-he is as much as said shur what do you expect. 16 and 17 ffs. Don’t lave the mucky stuff in me boss.

1 Like

I heard the priest on Morning Ireland. They could not get him off fast enough when he addressed “culture”.

You should have heard the ould lad on Newstalk this morning, who was an eye witness (except he didn’t see anything). He was “dutifully” going to collect the wife from some religious ceremony when he bumped into the wedding party. He told the boys “you lads sure shine up lovely”, but they just looked at him glumly. Pat was his name.

1 Like

Travellers good people just as long as they stay away from me.

mods, should ban every racist on this thread

starting with you. pouring your vile racist lies about good people from the settled community. dont you know its part of our unique culture and way of life that we call out pikeys on their crimes

He didn’t manage a quote of any kind about Sean Quinns perchance? Probably did but Newstalk are probably fucked up of Quinn at this stage.

Travellers weren’t like this years ago, nobody was .

Bullshit. People used to arrange large scale fights just for the craic of it.

Sure but nobody was shot .
Large scale faction fights were common all over rural Ireland . There are settled families you wouldn’t want to fuck with either.

[QUOTE=“Richie Mac an Breathnach, post: 1090762, member: 2646”]Sure but nobody was shot .
Large scale faction fights were common all over rural Ireland . There are settled families you wouldn’t want to fuck with either.[/QUOTE]

I’m sure there were people shot during faction fights.

Definitely beaten to death.

I’m sure there were also.
But nobody gave a rat’s barring the people involved, and it never would have happened anywhere near a church or ruined a wedding.
A shooting still would’ve been a rare occurrence

[QUOTE=“Richie Mac an Breathnach, post: 1090772, member: 2646”]I’m sure there were also.
But nobody gave a rat’s barring the people involved, and it never would have happened anywhere near a church or ruined a wedding.
A shooting still would’ve been a rare occurrence[/QUOTE]
What’s your point Richard?

That this is a new phenomenon , and I miss the auld tinkers

Sure wasn’t it Travellers that saved our music from extinction for us. If they’re not us and we’re not them , how did our grandparents have the same tunes?

Tinker woman here on Prime Time saying tinker feuding is over stated and sensationalised.

Saw that now. Defending the indefensible.

However, they don’t interview the mayor of dublin to question him or her about the wars and murders in dublin.

Sure they bring in helicopters, dogs and the ERU willy nilly

Right, are the travellers worse than the dubs?