Irish Travellers - A Proud Ethnic Group

[I]http://www.ihrc.ie/download/doc/travellers_discussion_paper.doc

good article about why Travellers are a seperate ethnic group [/I]

17 pages?
Bullet points or get fucked.

1 Like

Fuck pride.

[quote=“FingalRaven, post: 777725, member: 80”][I]http://www.ihrc.ie/download/doc/travellers_discussion_paper.doc

good article about why Travellers are a seperate ethnic group [/I][/quote]

The ihrc should be firebombed

Interesting read. Not sure I agree with everything and really doesn’t change my opinion of their social standing, but they are definitely discriminated against far too much.

Sad to see a member of the travelling community shot dead outside a church in Fermanagh today, just as a wedding was about to get under way.

On a positive note, the wedding went ahead. Every cloud I suppose

[QUOTE=“thedancingbaby, post: 1090233, member: 48”]Sad to see a member of the travelling community shot dead outside a church in Fermanagh today, just as a wedding was about to get under way.

On a positive note, the wedding went ahead. Every cloud I suppose[/QUOTE]
Lets see how pavee point try to spin this as the fault of everyone but travellers

The wedding went ahead!

Crazy British!

Now that’s what you call a shotgun wedding

1 Like

Boom!

Wedding on a Wed afternoon in Feb?

[INDENT][/INDENT]

http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/0211/679437-fermanagh-shooting/
[I]
Parish priest Father Michael King was inside the church preparing to conduct the marriage ceremony when the shooting happened outside. He said the bride was at the back of the church at that point.

He said he went outside and saw a group of men gathered around the injured pair. He said police and the ambulance service were then called.

Fr King told local radio that the ceremony then proceeded.
“I went on ahead with the wedding, I could do nothing else because they were anxious to get this girl married,”
he said.

“So I went on ahead and did Mass and did the wedding.”

He added: “The bride was a bit traumatised, so I just spoke to her and told her to take a few deep breaths and to relax herself and told her she was safe here.”[/I]

[QUOTE=“Distended Red Anus, post: 1090434, member: 2648”]Wedding on a Wed afternoon in Feb?

[INDENT][/INDENT]

[I]Parish priest Father Michael King was inside the church preparing to conduct the marriage ceremony when the shooting happened outside. He said the bride was at the back of the church at that point.

He said he went outside and saw a group of men gathered around the injured pair. He said police and the ambulance service were then called.

“I went on ahead with the wedding, I could do nothing else because they were anxious to get this girl married,”
he said.

He added: “The bride was a bit traumatised, so I just spoke to her and told her to take a few deep breaths and to relax herself and told her she was safe here.”[/I][/QUOTE]
:eek::eek::eek::eek:

[QUOTE=“Distended Red Anus, post: 1090434, member: 2648”]Wedding on a Wed afternoon in Feb?

[INDENT][/INDENT]

[I]Parish priest Father Michael King was inside the church preparing to conduct the marriage ceremony when the shooting happened outside. He said the bride was at the back of the church at that point.

he said.

He added: “The bride was a bit traumatised, so I just spoke to her and told her to take a few deep breaths and to relax herself and told her she was safe here.”[/I][/QUOTE]

He was on Newstalk this morning. Said the Groom was 17 and the bride 16. That’s why they were in Fermanagh where you are allowed get married at 16 bizarrely.

The last time she’ll feel safe in her life I suspect.

That should be in the things that are wrong thread. Ridiculous shit.

They just had the priest on Morning Ireland. He was going on about arranged marriages and violence at traveller weddings, the presenter couldn’t get him off the air quick enough and had to conclude with “of this type of behaviour isn’t confined to the travelling community”.

He was bordering on racist on Newstalk as well, at least as far as the PC Brigade would be concerned. Said something along the lines of; Sure you know as well as I do these travellers are always feuding.

Imagine making a decision like that at 16. Trying to sneak in a few cans in a field somewhere should be that lads ambition.
You can’t legally buy a box of fags at 16 but you can get married :smiley:

But, but…culture and tradition
Don’t be oppressing the culture and tradition there boss

The boys don’t travel rough, all on the dole no doubt