Is Wayne Rooney Finished Again?

Inter got around 10 million for Sneijder, United would do well to get 20 million+ for Rooney especially is they looking to offload

[quote=“chewy louie, post: 745509, member: 1137”]But there is no real market for him. There would be plenty of interested parties if the price is right but nobody not even City or PSG are going to pay that money for him and match his 250k a week wages on his current form. Why would they when they could get the likes of a Cavani or a Falcao for less of an outtlay.

The fee will be dicated by how keen United are to get rid of him.[/quote]
How much do you think Falcao would cost? Hard to know given Atletico’s financial situation but they’d have a decent auction at least if they did need to cash in.

I suppose you would be talking somewhere between 40 and 50 million euro. Maybe more if City of PSG want him

With City having offloaded Ballotelli, and Dzeko on the way in the Summer, I presume they’re lining up a move for a big name. That would rule someone like Rooney out.

Aren’t City trying to sign Isco from
Malaga?

[quote=“Scrunchie, post: 745535, member: 1408”]Aren’t City trying to sign Isco from
Malaga?[/quote]
He’s more of a #10 type no?

I believe his buyout clause is €57m and they have stated they will not let him go for less than that-I would say they will get it for him as well. A top, top striker and for £15m more than what Liverpool paid for Andy Carroll it would be a decent bit of business.

Looks like he will be at UTD next season so.

Who? Falcao? That’d be a good signing for United but I doubt they can afford him.

[quote=“chewy louie, post: 745509, member: 1137”]But there is no real market for him. There would be plenty of interested parties if the price is right but nobody not even City or PSG are going to pay that money for him and match his 250k a week wages on his current form. Why would they when they could get the likes of a Cavani or a Falcao for less of an outtlay.

The fee will be dicated by how keen United are to get rid of him.[/quote]
If Psg want him then they ultimately will pay the money. They arent the finished article yet and a signing like Rooney would make more people take notice of them.

Wouldn’t be worth selling for such a low amount. Everton have 25 percent of any fee I believe.

:rolleyes:

[quote=“Captainshan, post: 745579, member: 41”]If Psg want him then they ultimately will pay the money. They arent the finished article yet and a signing like Rooney would make more people take notice of them.

Wouldn’t be worth selling for such a low amount. Everton have 25 percent of any fee I believe.[/quote]

PSG have spent their money a lot more wisely than City and Chelsea as they have a man in charge with a wonderful football knowledge - a lovely man named Leonardo. They would not pay anything more than €25m for Rooney I’d imagine.

SAF confirms Rooney was dropped for tactical reasons and that he will remain at Old Trafford.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21712186

He also banned two newspapers for their stories on Rooney and SAF falling out and claims they will not get back in until they apologise.

[quote=“Scrunchie, post: 745782, member: 1408”]SAF confirms Rooney was dropped for tactical reasons and that he will remain at Old Trafford.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21712186

He also banned two newspapers for their stories on Rooney and SAF falling out and claims they will not get back in until they apologise.[/quote]

:rolleyes:

Miguel Delaney has clamped Fergie by posting this on twitter

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/2919541.stm

Sir Alex! You can’t keep a good man down.

The big man has retired from International Football.

1 Like

Strange timing. Thought he might hold on til World Cup unless he thought he wouldn’t make squad?

Not a hope of making it. Not wanted anyway.

Mad call by Southgate not keeping him in the squad. He’s undoubtedly in current form in the top 5 English forwards right now.

I like the way he did it, earned a recall and said nah Gareth I’m retiring

1 Like