Is Wayne Rooney Finished Again?

An England legend.

Highest ever goalscorer. He’ll not be matched.

1 Like

They don’t make em like him anymore.

Old school street footballer

1 Like

Reading back through the thread, look at the prices talked about only four years ago compared to the amounts now. Nuts!

I’ve grown fond of Rooney in the last few years. I hope he has a very successful spell at Everton. A lovely player

1 Like

Wazza told that cunt Southgate to do one :ronnyroar:

1 Like

Such innocent times.

His international retirement can only benefit both the player and Everton. He’s looked like a man reborn since he moved back home. He’s been a passenger at both United and for England these past 5 years.

Rooney was the best English striker since Jimmy Greaves. Lineker was a poacher and good finisher, and Shearer a brute force but limited, Rooney had it all really in terms of talent. Not the smartest footballer though by any stretch.

1 Like

I detest him, but Owen surely ranks higher as a striker?

:rofl:

1 Like

What’s so funny? … The chap said striker… Rooney couldn’t even get the role as striker for large parts of his career at utd, and was played wide, deeper and in midfield as his scoring wasn’t that great.

You’re funny, m8. In a self-parodying way.

1 Like

Michael Owen was/is the greatest England striker of all time.

Followed closely by Fowler.

If Owen played as much for England as Rooney, he’d have as many goals.

He got 40 in 89.
He also banged in 13 goals in La Liga. Wazza wouldn’t have been able to stand the heat over there, let alone get on the pitch.

The GOAT.

Rooney’s extensions would have melted in the Spanish heat.

Rooney only has .43 goals per game while Owen has .46 —

Game over.

Oooooft

Big Ben 64.1% PCT >>>>>>>Tom Brady 63.8%

:eek:

We all know QBing has multiple facets to it’s bow---- A striker just has to put the ball in the onion bag.