Is Wayne Rooney Finished Again?

Scholes, to be fair to him, was a much better player than Lampard or Gerrard, but England played him on the left wing and wasted his international career. So he retired from International Football.

Scholes was the best of them

1 Like

Agreed - yet you wouldnt put him in the same bracket as a Pirlo or a Zidane ---- You’d do well to have any English footballer in an all time great 100 players… @Chucks_Nwoko has been badly exposed as a blinkered Red Devil fanny here.

Fuck off you scouse cunt.

Ashley Cole was the best left full in the World for a while in his pomp. He’d be in there.

John terry and rio Ferdinand were great centre halves.

Scholes was very ordinary.

1 Like

What years was he in his pomp?

No he wasn’t he was a fantastic player.

in the EPL, yes. … They also wouldnt get next to near an all time 100 top players.

I’d still have Vidic and Kompany over the two of them.

Goes to show the bullshit regarding English defenders in the EPL.

+1. It’s gas when Oirish lads parrot the guff trotted out in England about Scholes being incredible.

1 Like

He’s a tier 2 great.

“My toughest opponent? Scholes of Manchester. He is the complete midfielder. Scholes is undoubtedly the greatest midfielder of his generation” – Zinedine Zidane

“Paul Scholes would have been one of my first choices for putting together a great team – that goes to show how highly I have always rated him. An all-round midfielder who possesses quality and character in abundance” – Marcello Lippi

“I tell anyone who asks me – Scholes is the best English player” – Laurent Blanc

“Without any doubt the best player in the Premiership has to be Paul Scholes. He knows how to do everything, and he is the one who directs the way his team plays. On top of that, he has indestructible mental strength, and he is a genuine competitor” – Thierry Henry

“Everyone of us should emulate him. We can all learn from Paul Scholes” – Edgar Davids

I’d have Sami Hyppia over them. Gallas, Desially too.

Ah jesus … oh god … you didnt ??? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Terry was a cunt but a very fine centre half. Best of the last 15 years or so in my book.

I did and I’d do it again.

Pretty sure xabi said he was the best player he played agianst.

There’s one of those flying around for most of the English lads who played over the last 20 years ffs.

1 Like

The EPL was the dominant league in the world between 06 and 10. Man united, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal all contested finals. We’re regular semi finalists for the most part.