IT Question

Anyone familiar with Outlook? Trying to sort out a problem with it for someone who cant seem to send any mails, all seem to sit in outbox.

What type of email account is it?

I know nothing about outlook cld, so Iā€™m not sure how to answer that question, its a personal one, think hes with eircom or something archaic like that? Told him to just open a fucking gmail account but there you go.

edit, its eircom.net alright

Check the outgoing mail server. Make sure itā€™s in as mail1.eircom.net

Proxy, gigabit, megabit, reboot.

Iā€™ll take a look and see next time Iā€™m at it, but iirc this is in order.

Whatā€™s the IT market like at home? Many companies investing in upgrading their IT systems? Canā€™t imagine the Govt and banks are. Seems to be a lot of software development type jobs around in Galway. Is that just the likes of HP and Fidelity pumping money into R and D?

Runt, my laptop is failing to configure windows updates. Should I care, and if so how do I fix it?

Whatā€™s happening exactly? You run the updates and then get a notification that it fails?
Does the account youā€™re using have full admin rights on the machine?

The updates install, and then on restart the configuration process fails, after which the changes are reverted. Yes the account has full admin rights.

Can you go into your update history and see which ones are failing?
Click on the update icon and youā€™ll have the option to check the history

Yeah I did that already and got the names of the ones that failed. I went to the microsoft download centre to try install them manually but there was some validation thing that kept causing the downloads to fail.

This is junior infants shite- but how do I upload a screen shot to here? Ive pasted it directly into the reply section and I can see the image but when I hit post it says ā€˜you must enter a postā€™ which I did alonfg the top but it is not being recongnised- I also saved the image and tried to attach it but no joy.

I just want to do this -

http://www.thefreekick.com/board/index.php?/topic/16404-nfl-fantasy-football-2012/page__view__findpost__p__659352

{img} URL of image {/img}

but use [ & ] instead of { & }

[quote=ā€œChocolateMice, post: 661245ā€]This is junior infants shite- but how do I upload a screen shot to here? Ive pasted it directly into the reply section and I can see the image but when I hit post it says ā€˜you must enter a postā€™ which I did alonfg the top but it is not being recongnised- I also saved the image and tried to attach it but no joy.

I just want to do this -

http://www.thefreekick.com/board/index.php?/topic/16404-nfl-fantasy-football-2012/page__view__findpost__p__659352[/quote]

If the image is already online then copy the address and hit the image button on a reply post and paste the URL UN there.

If the image is on your PC then use full reply and the attach function down the bottom.

What I usually do is:[list]
[]Make the image
[
]Save the image
[]Upload to Flickr.
[
]Find a direct path to the image. [So that when I open it in IE all I see is the image]
[*]Post it to the site [Click the image button and paste in the link is easiest. Use the tags either.]
[/list]
Send me a link to the image and Iā€™ll put it up.

It was just the depthchart of our draft/leagueā€¦ iā€™ve attached a thumbnail of a scrren grab which should do. but ā€¦

http://fantasy.nfl.cā€¦073/depthcharts

Anyone ever updates maps on a garmin device, have been handed one to update and was wondering is there a free way to do it? No experience in doing this before.