Italia Fanzone Euro 2021

Some Twitteratti knobs saying Immobile might lose his place for final - I think thereā€™s zero chance of that. Why would Mancini change a winning formula. Emerson to keep his place merely because options are limited there. Spinazzola is a big loss though and was sorely missed Tuesday night.

1 Like

I thought Emerson made some decent forays forward v Spain. Was a lot better than i expected.

Kyle Walker has been good in this tournament, shutting down his own wing while using his pace to cover for the centre backs. Immobile loves to run in behind but I can see Walker snuffing out that threat.

1 Like

Going forward he was ok (he doesnā€™t offer same threat as Spinazzola) but I thought Oyarzabal got in behind him a few too many times, fed by Koke/Busquets.

Just give Italy the title already :bowing_man:

3 Likes

Immobile will pose an interesting question for Maguire & Stones. I think theyā€™d prefer to face a more conventional 9 like Belotti.

1 Like

Walker has been outstanding but will have to deal with Insigne which might leave space for Immobile.

2 Likes

Fanculo lā€™abbronzatura

I am zen.

Jesus he loved an auld back heel

2 Likes

As a young lad, I was very fond of that Sampdoria team. Mancini, Pagliuca, Lombardo, and Vialli, were fantastic players to watch.

Platt and Mihalovic (sp)

Platt was a super player

1 Like

Ya they were unreal. I think a lot of us knew more about Italian football back then back thenā€¦ What was the football show that used to be on for an hr a week back then

1 Like

Football italia

2 Likes

I think Platt and Mihajlovic came at the tail end of Manciniā€™s time at the club and after Vialli moved to Juventus. Great players alright. Mihajlovicā€™s free kicks were class.

Around 93 and 94. Gullit went there and they won a coppa under Sven.

Peak was the year they lost to Barca alright under Boskov.

Mancini never did it on the big days. He ran too hot

I think RTE had the highlights show a year before Channel 4.

Hereā€™s some archive footage of Sampdoria 90/91.

Those were the same graphics used at Italia 90

Olivetti were the cutting edge of technology back then.