It's grim up North

I remember taking a wrong turn in the North back in the day and driving straight into a checkpoint. The man was perfectly and surprisingly polite when I wound down the window and explained, and gave me directions for where I was going, but having the end of a gun a foot from your face was unnerving for a young fella from wesht County galway. Those were different days.

1 Like

Lowlife cunts

That’s the new battle ground now

In tenerife whilst we were looking for an expedition centre in Los Christianos (a bit of a dump), we happened across a rangers bar on a backstreet. I’ve never quite seen the like. It was closed early in the morning, but it reeked of scrote.

The Brits never had many problem with subservient cap doffers.

1 Like

This was happening as late as June 2003 at least. After the Dublin-Derry qualifier match in Clones that month, we left on the Butlersbridge side, and there was a British Army checkpoint, big conspicious machine guns draped around their shoulders, only a couple of hundred yards over the border, not much more than a mile from the Diamond.

“Wot you doin’ laaaads?”

“Eh, coming from the match”.

“Aw-woight, go on then”

They must have made you for a shoneen

Imagine going to Tenerife and being shocked at finding the trashy underbelly of British culture .

2 Likes

And all he had to do was look out his windy in Manchester for that.

You could buy your poppy there according to the sign.

I’ve never encountered a pub dedicated to a football team before as such.

Don’t panic Arlene

1 Like

where you on active service?

1 Like

Sure didn’t The Cranberries write a song about it.

Linger?

Did you have to?

If there were no tanks on Irish streets the Cranberries would never have formed. And without the Cranberries Limerick would never have won the All Ireland.

It’s a straight line alright.
Limerick owe that All Ireland to Whitehall

It wasn’t the RUC that done it; it was the RUC.

1 Like