It's grim up North

It won’t affect the DUP. They could set fire to a newly born child and one peep of their dog whistle of parades, traditions, culture, bonfires, Ulster would have their supporters running from their lairs.

2 Likes

That’s my view on it too. They’ve already positioned themselves as being the victims of an attack on Unionism and they’ll bang that drum to their supporters. There may be a slight loss of votes to the UUP but I expect the majority of existing support to stick with them despite the clear evidence of corruption.

1 Like

You also have to bear in mind that they got 450m or a chunk of it for their “supporters”. Client politics at its best.

2 Likes

The biggest issue isn’t the politicians, it’s the thick-as-shit, pig-ignorant supporters that vote for them

The DUP have a hot line to white thrash , bigoted PULs. They will sell themselves as the vanguard against a tea egg being FM. A vote for UUP is a vote for SF FM. The disturbing thing is that this is a winning strategy .

What are you trying to say?

3 Likes

The DUP are bigots and they know it pays political dividends . Create the old scare about Rome rule and they are on to a winner .

1 Like

Do they not understand the demographic trend?

All politics is about as long term as the next election

1 Like

How long before a reunification vote? That would be some craic. Potential for violent unrest both sides of the border. I might finally live out my lifelong dream of burning the Sindo offices to the ground.

16 Likes

There’s a perfect storm brewing. I’d say when article 50 is triggered there could be some serious pressure put on.

I suppose the do but they are not really concerned about that for now . Any way the nationalist vote is showing signs of stagnating in last few elections .

They really want to keep the FM gig .

unreal :clap:

Not 100% clued in on Norn Iron politics, would I be right in saying;
DUP - Unionist and Prod vote
UUP - As above
Shinners- Nationalist and Catholic
SDLP - mixed vote

That post cheered me up no end after reading all this troublesome stuff about Martin McGuinesses’ health situation pal.

Ffs Ray

Expand Fitzy

Poor Arlene getting death threats now. Next week will she her being admitted to hospital in a wheelchair with chest pains or something.

Election on March 2nd.

Arlene Foster’s statement had a go at Sinn Féin for taking actions which have an adverse financial cost to Northern Ireland.

You couldn’t make it up.

1 Like

The fleg crowd will eat it up