Its Official the GGA is dead in rural Oireland

Wasn’t good enough for the St Mary’s College SCT so took his ball home to bogland.

some fall from grace for the GGA

• the future president is a failed rugby player
  • the GGA is dying in rural Ireland
  • the upper echelons want to remove any symbols of Irishness

All that ill gotten land they possess could go some way to solving our housing crisis.

Oooft

At that time, rugby and soccer were the leading sports on the south side of the Liffey.

1 Like

It’s

2 Likes

“He finished up at a piggery in rooskey”
What a lovely turn of phrase.
:joy:

1 Like

OVER ONE MILLION viewers tuned it to RTÉ’s coverage of the final nail-biting moments of Ireland’s historic victory over the All Blacks on Saturday evening — more than watched both the All-Ireland football and hurling finals this year.

1 Like

Was that just RTE?

Amazing figures. So that’s 1st and 3rd secured for rugby football this year. All the more amazing when you consider both the England and New Zealand games would have had suppressed home audiences due to England on Patrick’s Day and NZ on a Saturday evening with a huge pub audience and there being over 50k in the ground on Sat.

In contrast, whilst the England soccer game is very impressive, it was on a weekday evening with people more likely to be home.

Great to see the strong ratings for rugby football again.

1 Like

How does that compare to england vs the Croats

Careful now, remember when you embarrassed yourself on this one before?

1 Like

Yes. The scummy soccer crowd will say its two foreign teams during the summer.grrrrrrrrr they never let it go

1 Like

Huh? Its a question

You know the answer though? I already educated you on the figures this year when you got them wrong.

Glad to be in the 43% :clap:

2 Likes

A % of that would have followed Ryle over to Channel 4.

:relaxed:

Youre some man — You’d dismiss lads trying to introduce the SKY coverage for the AI Finals - but you’re glad to slip in C4 here to suit your agenda :smile:

How would I miss that?

Sky Sports is a premium channel however, Channel 4 is available to a far greater number of people. Similarly during the Six Nations and FIFA World Cup they are available on BBC and ITV/UTV, both of whom are available to far greater numbers than Sky Sports subscriber numbers in Ireland.

The reality is, in the war for TV ratings, it is rugby or association football leading the pack.

The GGA continues to fall back as greater options arrive for the Irish public and old people who knew no better die off.

The GGA doesn’t have the cultural caché it claims in Ireland at all.

The GAA is by county and differing codes, mate - the others are national. Shocking that I had to explain that to you — I hope you can work out the permutations of this revelation all on your own?