James Mccarthy

this guy was supposed to be the next big thing in irish soccer. there were stories of the likes of liverpool and Barcelona being interested, and how he was tearing it up in the spl with Hamilton. now he is gone to Wigan and seemingly cant even make the bench. are there reasons for this?ie is he injured or something?though i thought he played for ireland u21s a couple of weeks ago. Or is this just another case of a talented irish being blown out of all perportion? any any thoughts.

The lad is still very young, has plenty of time, think he made a couple of sub appearances for Wigan…their is a thread on here already about him, I will see if i can find a link

http://www.thefreekick.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=302

I know he is very young(18) but fabregas was an arsenal regular at 17. when you say he has made a couple of sub appearances, i dont think they were in the league. (carling cup or something)

nearly certain he came on as a sub against United in the second or third game of the season but am open to correction…In fairness Fabregas is one in a million and if he turns out to be half the player he is I would be more than happy

I think he has the potential to be at least as good as Glen Whelan. There, I said it.

It’s not really true to say he was tearing it up in the SPL with Hamilton. I thought he looked decent in a few games but he wasn’t really any better than McArthur beside him. Marginally more impressive but I wouldn’t have considered him that much of a stand out.

For his age he’s progressing very well - there aren’t too many teenagers playing central midfield anywhere in Europe to be fair to him.

:popcorn: :popcorn: