James McClean Appreciation Thread

Slurp slurp

I doubt anybody here pays

@Copper_pipe

Indeed.

A few years old but the Cookie Monster fell into line

Wow, just wow

Heā€™s absolutely right not to wear the poppy but why does he make a statement on the poppy every year? Just donā€™t wear it like Matic yesterday. Heā€™s a terrible footballer which is my main issue with him

4 Likes

To be fair to him the club made the statement first . I was looking at a stoke forum last evening and most fans are directing the ire at the man who signed him . Also from what I saw in the recent wales game his legs look gone .

McLean hadnā€™t opened his mouth as per every other year - His stance is that he wont wear the poppy after what was carried out on the streets of Derry. Thatā€™s fair enough. The BBC and multiple other news outlets made a story out of it again this year, not James. Then a torrent of abuse comes his way - lotā€™s of it anti Irish. I havent looked at his tweets but I presume he is giving a small bit back and youā€™re upset by it?

Heā€™s taking dogs abuse for a decision he made years ago and has been made a top story every year by multiple news outlets just to stir up British nationalism and he endures a lot of very personal abuse because of it. A lesser person would break, but he has stuck to his guns. Maybe he should lay off the ra comments but James is not the problem here. Why would the BBC need to highlight that heā€™s not wearing a poppy again for the 10th year? What purpose does it serve?

1 Like

Iā€™m not upset by it at all. Couldnā€™t give a fuck. I admire his decision not to wear the poppy, but really, so what? Itā€™s not the heroic act of single handed defiance that the simpletons on either side seem to believe. That vast majority of the UK public have never heard of him, and simply donā€™t care whether he, or anyone else wears a poppy or doesnā€™t. More donā€™t wear one than do. Many are aware it has been hijacked. Some choose to wear it anyway. I donā€™t. Most donā€™t care about ww1 tbh. Itā€™s something to fill newspaper space now that the media canā€™t hack millie dowlers phone anymore to create a headline. It is not some grand act of defiance, and if he feels he is such a fenian rebel, he should move back to play on the LOI. The reason he doesnā€™t? Money. Simply money. He is cash redeemable, like the huge swathe of informers within the ranks of the Ira it seems.

2 Likes

What are you on abour, he is a footballer that doesnt want to wear a poppy, thats it, why not play at a highest level as possible?

Like I said - the British press are the ones that blow it up every year and sensationalize it, not James. You should take it up with your national broadcaster and their ilk.

:joy: :joy:

Whatā€™s it on? The Stoke Midwest roundup after the farming news? Who should I complain to bud? Would the ra help me draft an email?

1 Like

The BBC made a big deal out of it last week. You can start with them. The ra are gone 20 years.

TNH
Great.

Hereā€™s one link - they had it on other platforms also.

the brains trust working on a way to blame the brits as we speak

Ah right. They put up a tweet in the Stoke section. Thanks for that bud. Iā€™ll see can I track down the regional complaints dept of the Congleton-Stoke catchment twitter division.

1 Like

I see Matic didnā€™t wear one either yesterday, and thereā€™s mild outrageā€¦

The comments under that (for as far as I could be bothered reading) are unanimously in favour of McCleanā€™s stance