James McClean Appreciation Thread

Is that stoke fans?

The great andrew maxwell not wearing a poppy on brit tv today

If they were singing songs abusing blacks you’d have the lads here up in arms. They sing songs abusing his irish heritage and the same lads “tough shit, he deserves it” :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

@flattythehurdler ashamed by him

:laughing:

A grown man videoing himself calling another grown man a wanker.

2 Likes

“Why doesn’t he just keep his head down and drink the soup like me?”

3 Likes

A largish element of Brits have a misguided sense of superiority. They are perfectly polite if things are on an even keel or they hold the whip hand or perceive they do.

It comes to the surface if you as an Irish person ever poke fun at them from a position of advantage, they perceive you to have done so or in situations where they see their advantage as slipping and you gaining an upper hand.

McLean annoys them purely because they cannot make him do what they want and ultimately they believe that they as British should be able to do so.

It’s a large part of their consciousness and mentality. Brexit is a disaster for them. They know it but to step back would be worse for them as they would look foolish.

The negotiations are a disaster because they have met an adversary with a smilar sense of superiority - the EU commission.

11 Likes

Maxwell is a proddie and all

It is i believe

I think that’s the away end…

1 Like

I think if they are happy to take the soup they should behave with a modicum of respect. He’s done the poppy thing to death. We’ve all got it James, now go about your business. He reckons shouting up the ra on twitter from behind his phone is on a par with standing on the steps of the gpo and reading the proclamation of independence, and seems to think that exposing himself to an odd half hearted song from three hundred away fans if he ever gets off the bench for the last few minutes is on a par with Roger Casement in the Dock in front of a hanging judge. It’s all getting a bit tiresome. If he’s that fucking bothered, he should go back and play league of Ireland.

3 Likes

And as for getting called a wanker, it’s the epl ffs. It’s staffed, supported, and played by largely horrible people. The average epl fan is a fat thick cunt.

exactly, still happy to take their Queens shilling, typical pretend Republican, can be bought for a fiver, if he had the courage of his convictions he’d fuck off to the LOI

Lads paying sky a British company over 100 quid a month to watch games, and complaining when players get paid in Stirling as a result of them funding it. You just could not make this shit up.

1 Like

The British Army murdered 14 unarmed civilians in broad daylight in the neighbourhood he grew up in. I think its fair that he doesn’t want to wear a an emblem that commemorates the organisation that carried out that atrocity. It’d be much easier for him to put his head down and wear it, he doesn’t and it’s a sign of solidarity with his community, you probably wouldn’t get that though.

He is a very principled and commendable young man.

6 Likes

He is from the uk, plays football in the uk, yet ypu want him to tow the line in how to think

Flatty must be rocking around DIdsbury with his poppy proudly displayed on his lapel.

It’s all a bit over your head lad, don’t worry yourself about it.