Jamie Carragher Knows Best

A thread for forumites to log their agreement to the bible according to Jamie… Himself and Gary will be huge. He is actaully a fairly decent pundit and a deep thinker about the game. I thought he might jump straight into coaching but I expect some quality TV moments from the great man…

Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher will join the Sky Sports punditry team for the 2013/14 season.

The 35-year-old, who will retire from playing at the end of the current campaign, will work alongside the likes of Gary Neville, Graeme Souness, Jamie Redknapp and Alan Smith next term when Sky Sports brings you over 500 matches from the domestic, European and International games.

Carragher has spent his entire career at Liverpool, racking up over 730 appearances and winning the UEFA Champions League, UEFA Cup, two UEFA Super Cups, two FA Cups and three League Cups.

And the Bootle-born star who, after Ryan Giggs is just the second player to play over 500 Premier League games for one club, says he can’t wait to begin his new role.

“I watch Sky Sports all the time and I’m a huge fan. I can’t wait to be part of their coverage and work with the best in the business,” said Carragher, who will make his bow in August.

"What Sky has done for football for over 20 years is incredible and I’m thrilled to be part of their exciting plans for next season.

"I don’t think there could be a better move for me: to retire from one of the world’s best football clubs at the end of the season and then join one of the world’s best broadcasters.

“Until that time comes, I’ll remain fully focussed on my remaining playing career with Liverpool and I’m looking forward to ending the season with good results.”

Barney Francis, Managing Director of Sky Sports, added: "Jamie has everything you want in an expert analyst; opinions, experience and incredible knowledge.

"He’s hugely respected throughout the game and I know his immense insight on today’s players, teams and tactics will make our football coverage even better.

“He joins us fresh from the changing room of one of the world’s biggest clubs and will be part of our incredible line-up of football experts, who between them boast 25 League titles, 10 European trophies and over 700 international caps.”

I think he could be a decent pundit from the straight talking Gary Neville mould but the problem will be most people won’t be able to understand a word he’s saying.

Subtitles making a return to sports broadcasting. :clap:

Does Jamie still hang around with gangsters? Remember this hilarious passage from his autobiography?

[SIZE=13px][FONT=Verdana]When my leg was broken in an horrific tackle by Lucas Neill in September 2003, my mates were ready to hunt him down if I gave the go-ahead.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=13px][FONT=Verdana]A few weeks later I received a phone call. “You won’t believe this, Jay. We’re in the Trafford Centre and Lucas Neill is walking straight towards us. What do you reckon?”[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=13px][FONT=Verdana]Did I really want Neill to take a crack? “There’s only one problem,” added the voice. “Little Davey Thommo is with him.”[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=13px][FONT=Verdana]That was that. I could hardly let one of my best mates, David Thompson, now a Blackburn player, become a witness to an assault. Besides he’d have recognised the attackers. The impromptu mission was aborted and I sent a text to Thommo telling him Neill should give him a hug of thanks.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=13px][FONT=Verdana]As word got back to Blackburn about the near miss, or should that be hit, their coach Terry Darracott, a Scouser, appealed to one of my friends to call the boys off. I agreed.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[quote=“Sandymount Red, post: 766619, member: 1074”]Does Jamie still hang around with gangsters? Remember this hilarious passage from his autobiography?

[SIZE=13px][FONT=Verdana]When my leg was broken in an horrific tackle by Lucas Neill in September 2003, my mates were ready to hunt him down if I gave the go-ahead.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=13px][FONT=Verdana]A few weeks later I received a phone call. “You won’t believe this, Jay. We’re in the Trafford Centre and Lucas Neill is walking straight towards us. What do you reckon?”[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=13px][FONT=Verdana]Did I really want Neill to take a crack? “There’s only one problem,” added the voice. “Little Davey Thommo is with him.”[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=13px][FONT=Verdana]That was that. I could hardly let one of my best mates, David Thompson, now a Blackburn player, become a witness to an assault. Besides he’d have recognised the attackers. The impromptu mission was aborted and I sent a text to Thommo telling him Neill should give him a hug of thanks.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=13px][FONT=Verdana]As word got back to Blackburn about the near miss, or should that be hit, their coach Terry Darracott, a Scouser, appealed to one of my friends to call the boys off. I agreed.[/FONT][/SIZE][/quote]
What was the rest of the book like?

I’ve heard his book is a good laugh in fairness and he does have a decent insight into the game

It’s still being translated.

Sky hasn’t been the same since they got rid of Gray. Hopefully another Evertonian in tow will bring back that balance.

Actually, how many ex Liverpool pundits are there these days ?

Hansen, Lawro, Barnes, Houghton, Whelan, McManaman, Redknapp, Souness, McMahon, Keegan…Carragher

[quote=“ChocolateMice, post: 766753, member: 168”]Actually, how many ex Liverpool pundits are there these days ?

Hansen, Lawro, Barnes, Houghton, Whelan, McManaman, Redknapp, Souness, McMahon, Keegan…Carragher[/quote]
Peter Beardsley is ready & waiting for a call.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmZVDcL82xK-tCWh4Cy-6vCzh6nXTU2DNDO-fYikyfIgZvSXDw

[quote=“ChocolateMice, post: 766753, member: 168”]Actually, how many ex Liverpool pundits are there these days ?

Hansen, Lawro, Barnes, Houghton, Whelan, McManaman, Redknapp, Souness, McMahon, Keegan…Carragher[/quote]
Some serious footballing talent there. Bar Souness, they are shite pundits though. Is that Steve McMahon? Where does he pundit?

ESPN Asia- Nicol does the odd stint when not coaching in the states.

Gray was one of the most horrible fuckers ever to be let on television.

Paul Walsh is another

Aldridge and Trigger

Phil ‘Thommo’ Thompson.

It’s fucking ridiculous! ESPN should just be renamed LFC TV2. They showed an Everton match a while back and they had Keegan, Barnes and Mc Mananman as the pundits…I felt like volleying the fucking telly:mad:

Did Everton win jimmy…

It was the F.A cup match V Oldham if I recall correctly, draw at Boundary Park.

[quote=“Jimmy Mc Nulty, post: 767055, member: 1168”]Phil ‘Thommo’ Thompson.

It’s fucking ridiculous! ESPN should just be renamed LFC TV2. They showed an Everton match a while back and they had Keegan, Barnes and Mc Mananman as the pundits…I felt like volleying the fucking telly:mad:[/quote]

It’s hardly a surprise that the biggest club in England would have a lot of ex-players as pundits.

These Toffees are a bunch of stupid cunts…