January 2023 transfer window

You fail up

He’ll probably just be a sub right back for them. He was never going to work as a right wing back.

Eoghan O’Connell joining Wrexham

It turns out that Doherty’s contract with Spurs was terminated to allow him make the move - whatever that means.

He’s at Atletico for six months and a free agent then. He had 18 months left at Spurs.

Nice little payout for him youd imagine.

Doesn’t exactly show that Conte was bothered losing him.

All the more reason to leave and try a serious challenge rather than sit on his hole for 18 months. I think its ballsy and am delighted for him. Hopefully it works out.

11 Likes

Absolutely. He’s been on the whole good for Ireland under Kenny so hopefully he has a good spell and gets on well from the summer onwards.

1 Like

Doherty is poison.

I’m just surprised Atletico wanted him. He doesn’t exactly seem like a Simeone-type player.

2 Likes

Probably would have said the same about Trippier before they bought him? He’s aggressive and strong which I’d imagine is what Simeone likes

Not a thread I have any interest but I see Chelsea have bought a lad for about £120m who moved clubs about 6 months ago for about £10m.

The whole soccer thing is gone clane fucking mad.

2 Likes

the EPL is

the rest hasnt

An honest question to your good self - is this level of expenditure and the matching salary bills in any way sustainable in the English leagues?

La Liga is now going the same way as Serie A in taking Premier League cast offs in their 30s.

Mbappe will probably end up signing for Birmingham City when Dubai buys them for a song and turns them into the next of the elite coterie of super-franchises.

2 Likes

Not debating the point but who is this in reference to?

Games gone

1 Like

Forest are ruining football