Joe Canning, Unquestionably the GOAT

Very few/no intercounty players are windy

Can everyone stop jumping please.

5 Likes

It’s gonna be a long April scoby

1 Like

The ignore function is magical.

Lads lauding a player who was sitting on his arse on the bench but slate a lad who was busy getting the team back in to a final.

Have Galway unearthed 3/4 lads this winter? - With Joe gone they are in bother — The Cooneys are very hot and cold. Whelan is in desperate form and the other main players are all pushing on… Who are they gonna start in goals?

Could a lame JC do a job between the posts ?

Our definitions of windy must be different. My definition would be someone who is talented but doesn’t deliver on the most important stage. DJ against Cork and Cantona in Europe are examples that spring to mind.

Joe Canning is box office. I also used to know his Uncle Frank out in Gurteeny. A sound man

Joe would be absolutely delighted to hear that he has some young fella from Ballylanders driven demented on the Internet.

5 Likes

And if he hadn’t gone for it, you’d have called him a coward, you spineless wanker.

3 Likes

You’ve a mental block on 1992 do you?

3 Likes

No I wouldn’t. He should have passed it. The ref would be only wild to level it up with a soft free. That was a pot shot in my opinion.

Did Cantona score from play against Cork?

to Cathal Mannion?

:sweat_smile:

You remind of lad that hesitantly put up his small handeen to catch a ball in an U14 game on a cold February morning less than a decade ago and some bad man with a bit of harmless stubble on his face made smithereens of your brittle malnourished carpels… After a few nasty soiling episodes during match warm ups later that year you reverted to the ditch and have remained there since. At least its nice and warm and safe there I suppose and the bad man cant get you.

7 Likes

Ah christ, there’s no need to do a man like that, he’s still go to get up in the morning.

2 Likes

Cantona was a flat track bully.

Now look who’s seething :rofl:

Cantona wasn’t a very good player. He shone in the Premier League when it was a very poor league

1 Like