Joe Canning, Unquestionably the GOAT

Great player in fairness

1 Like

Jaysus he’s awful broken up in that.

A superb mugging off

Getting that record was very, very important to him. So much so that the doc suspected his wrist was broken, but Canning told him to strap it up.

4 Likes

Why did he change his helmet colour so much?

It would have been a shame if he didn’t win at least one All Ireland.

4 Likes

He must have been getting pissed off with people at the Galway Races asking him about his future

Thanks for the memories Joe. The Greatest of his era unquestionably and possibly of all time.

3 Likes
5 Likes

Was it the 2012 drawn or 2015 AI final he scored a fantastic goal down at the Canal End, barrelled his way through in the first half and blasted it home? Iconic goal, the ground erupted. A great sporting moment.

He should have done better with the free though.

To avoid getting kerb stomped in the Galway SHC

2 Likes

Austin Gleeson.

1 Like

I had the privilege to be at his debut against Cork. While it was an aging Cork team they still had the big names. It was a glimpse of what was to come for him. His team mates relying on a teenager to do a man’s job against real men. Luckily for him the likes of, Whelan, David Burke and Daithi Burke came along to help him win the one that mattered most.

1 Like

Waterford will be pinning this to the WALL at the weekend

Goodbye GIF

An outstanding natural hurler. Fabulous wrists and ease of strike.

Got a bit snaky in his later years but a pleasure to watch over his career.

2 Likes

Was that the goal against Kilkenny in 2012? Took a handpass from James Regan and slalomed through the Kilkenny defence before lashing the ball into the corner of the net. I remember the roof of the stand nearly lifted off Croke Park. Unfortunately Kilkenny did their thing in the 2nd half and it went to a replay.

Sure I almost forgot his goal against Cork on his very first day out. Where he caught it above The Rock and flung him out of the way before finishing to the net.

6 Likes

I’d say Horgan could be around for a good while yet

3 Likes