Joe Canning, Unquestionably the GOAT

Prediction - next season Joe rejoins the panel during the Leinster round robin and plays the impact sub role to a tee.

1 Like

Doubt it. I’m not sure he’s any interest anymore. Seems to be nearly always in Dublin or playing golf. Galway are re building too.

I watched that game in a bar in KK - not so much as a faint bit of praise given by the locals - they were calling him all sorts instead. That was just majestic - you had to salute it,

1 Like

Touch of the Wayne Rooneys about him. From where he was at when he was 18 probably not but he was still very good.

yeah - that was my train of thought also.

:+1::+1:

Sure he can spent the winter in Dublin and playing golf. Only needs to tog out from June onwards and sure Galway will be out by race week again so it won’t inconvenience him too much

His point to level it against KK after Shefflin had come on that day and looked to have scored the winner - unreal.

3 Likes

I’d have him behind DJ, TJ, Shefflin and Eoin Kelly

2 Likes

We know you would

3 Likes

TJ Reid? would you go away you gee bag

I heard someone mention at the weekend that Patrick Horgan from Cork is the highest Championship scorer from play of all time.

I was surprised when I heard it.

I really can’t see any reason why would do that. I can’t recall the last time he looked to be enjoying himself on the pitch and Galway are in for a big rebuilding job.

I feel slightly bereft. Sin e.

1 Like

DJ would be considered if he hadn’t gone missing against Cork so often.

1 Like

His work rate and scoring rate and arguably playing in a far less talented side the last 5+ years

1 Like

TJ Reid > Canning

Substance beats style.

1 Like

:wink:

Only one man could get him back now.

A man with experience of the young Joe. A man who helped develop him and mould him.

Davy’s time has come.

Cyril and Davy, together again.

Bang.

Seamie Callanan is

1 Like