John Delaney - Ireland's Shame

if Gilesy couldnā€™t knock it forward, heā€™d knock it square, and if he couldnā€™t knock it square heā€™d knock it back to the keeper ā€¦simple but ingenious at the same time

RIP

Ah Giles was better than that mate. Top class player.

3 Likes

That was Roy Keane

1 Like

Busby said the only player he ever regretted letting leave.

ā€˜Perhaps if Mr Clough were to step outside,ā€™ says John Giles, ā€˜then perhaps we would all feel a little more like speaking our minds.ā€™

I look at the Irishman. The Irishman smiles. The Irishman winks ā€“

Bastard. Bastard. Bastard. Fucking bastards. The bloody lot of them ā€¦

1 Like

Has anyone been able to ladybird whatā€™s going on here?

The FAI Chairman was due to conduct the FAI cup draw on Morning Ireland but refused to go on when he found out theyā€™d be asking him some questions on recent events.

1 Like

giles is a cunt

2 Likes

dirty Leeds scum

Jesus I thought the poor man was dead when I saw the thread.

1 Like

EXPENSIVE WALK IDEA

He did at least have sufficient self-awareness to concede that, as a board member with fiduciary responsibilities, this may have been a failing, though, not significant enough to prompt him to step aside.

Still, given the latest revelations came from board meeting minutes, presumably he did know about the ā‚¬300,000 ā€” doled out in ā‚¬5,000 monthly instalments ā€” made to Con Martin.

These were reportedly in return for coming up with the concept of the John Giles Foundation, the Walk of Dreams fundraisers and clubs coming together for collective bargaining when it came to kit purchase.

Right now, Iā€™m gauging interest in, and the market value of, my idea of the League of Ireland being played in a blitz format over a weekend in Edgeworthstown.

Because if the recent history of Irish football has shown us anything, it is you should never put a limit on what you think may be possible.

RESOUNDING FAILURE

Martin ā€” whose dad Con senior and brother Mick were also both former internationals ā€” is a friend of Giles who previously suggested his involvement in the Foundation did not extend beyond lending his name to it.

He might want to consider asking for it to be returned because of these latest reports.

Its title, the John Giles Foundation, may sound like a charity to some but it was not registered as such or a company in its own right.

It was run by the FAI and organised sponsored walks which were supposed to raise money for clubs.

It was a resounding failure as most clubs understandably failed to see the logic in doing much of the heavy lifting to bring money in only for the Foundation to take half of it to redistribute elsewhere within the game.

NO TENDERING PROCESS

The extraordinary price put on the intellectual property of an idea which arguably any decent PTA could come up with was not the only issue with the Foundation.

Back in 2011, it was reported that the FAI awarded a series of contracts, without any tendering process, to a company, Health & Safety Essentials Ltd.

Dissolved earlier this month, it was owned by the FAIā€™s then human resources director Stephen Driver and his wife Mags.

At the time, the FAI said that its employee had played no part in the awarding of the contract to the company. OK, but how did they hear about it?

In the same report, Mags said, ā€˜The John Giles Foundation is a separate entity to the FAIā€™ which, as has been shown, was not the case.

Its general manager was Noel Mooney whose primary role at the time was as Head of Marketing and Promotion for the National League.

Mooney was, of course, whom Uefa provided on secondment in response for a request for support, on behalf of the FAI, from Conway.

I renamed the thread as it seems to have little to do with Johnny

That lad was heavily involved in soccer in UL during my time there.

Was he the main driver?

Seem to remember a lad called eoin driver was knocking around out in UL soccer circles when I was there

These are the same mopes that made Up all the lies about dela

1 Like

Disappointing standards shown by @offtheball last night. They allow John Giles to read a prepared statement on air and agree not to ask him one single question. Statement attacked ST but no opportunity given to us to respond. Then they post the statement up as a storyā€¦

1 Like

The off the ball lads probably wrote the statement for Giles.