John Delaney/ tugging off half the forum

Not in a month of Sundays!! Sure would ya look at the cut of him FFS!!

The Garda station in Stepaside is still closed. He will be run out of office next time out. If Dublin elects a single issue candidate who becomes a member of cabinet then that single issue should be resolved.

They are all the same when they get their nose in the trough. I actually thought he might be different, he didnā€™t need the job or the money when going for it but once you get a taste for the gravy it seems you canā€™t get enough.

1 Like

John Delaney is a great ambassador for Irish football.

Iā€™m informed by a mate who went to the same school that the closest he got was being kicked around the showers by the hurling team.

1 Like

Mick Wallace is a guy who would get my hypothetical vote, unquestionably.

2 Likes

Was it the not changing his shirt or his love for all things Italian that had you smitten?

1 Like

No I think he suspected he might be a bit smelly. Thatā€™s what tipped the balance in his favour

1 Like

His political nous.

Iā€™d vote for him, but only because of the way he helped out @Tassotti

Great to see Johnā€™s tireless dedication to his sport in action here :clap:

No doubt heā€™s off to some far flung corner of his realm making sure things are getting done.

1 Like

Dela never rests.

The sun never sets on John Delaneyā€™s empire .

1 Like

John Delaney has been elected to the UEFA executive. :weary:

2 Likes

I hope it wonā€™t distract him from the wonderful job he is doing for the FAI.

2 Likes

Ireland has an unbelievable record at high level sports administration at an international level. :clap:

1 Like

We have. I think Della could actually be the next Pat Hickey.

1 Like

He has a long way to go to hit those heights, but if anyone can itā€™s JD. Heā€™s joined the lofty ranks now though along with Hickey & McQuaid :clap:

1 Like

Little did I think sitting in the Ard Ri on block release all those years ago with Johnno that I was to quote @ciarancareyshurlingarmy , ā€œtouching the hem of greatnessā€ .

5 Likes

Iā€™m sure you were an inspiration to him in many, many ways.