Jordan Peterson 🐐 vs CH4

Humanistic?

1 Like

No trampling involved, simply stating reality.
Something you have a loose association with.

No, mate, it definitely is trampling.

Yes.

1 Like

I think @anon7035031 needs to pull himself together, take a few minutes and come back and tell us which of his contradictory statements was right and which one was wrong. He is a mess at the minute and seems terribly confused.

Yes what?

Unsurprising you hold Freud in high regard.

Yes to Maslow, and the beginnings of testable hypotheses in psychology.

What do you think of CBT?

He’ll get back to you once he googles it.

I like it.

I didn’t say anything about Freud.

I just think it’s interesting that you speak as if you’re an expert on everything to do with the whole field of science and human inquiry, when you’re quite obviously an ignorant blowhard drunkenly typing shite on your computer at 2:43am.

In my experience, in the hands of a professional practitioner, it’s the only viable treatment. Involves a lot of work by the patient though, which many are not capable of or willing to undertake.

1 Like

Is medication not a viable treatment?

It’s a band aid, but band aids have their purpose. It’s entirely possible to rewire you brain to overcome certain mental conditions, you can only dull it using medication. Not discounting medication, sometimes it’s absolutely necessary.

1 Like

In certain deep seated disorders medication isthe only option and CBT just doesn’t make any impact.

Some, such as yours, are only curable via a lobotomy.

Jordan is a big fan of Carl Jung. Which is alright by me

I agree. Deep seated means well established, so the disorder is hard wired. That’s why early intervention is critical while the brain is still malleable. There are many instances where kids with serious mental disorders overcome them with CBT.

Surprised you like non-alcoholic wine. I had you down as somebody who preferred the harder stuff.