Jose Mourinho - Busted Flush?

he won a European trophy with Roma

He did and that’s why they love him. He nearly won the Europa last year, he will go balls out for that this year you’d think

Another one who has thrived since escaping old trafford

Getting 80 points with Yanited a serious achievement. Nobody else has come close. Naturally they ran him

At a “lesser” club, and when he’s allowed to be himself. A sound man really.

Roma, lesser?

Legend

1 Like

Jose is tremendous fun

José Mourinho: “I remember a game in Siena, with Maicon. They said he always got a fifth yellow to be suspended at Christmas, so he could go on vacation to Brazil.

I went to him and said that if he got a yellow he wouldn’t be going on vacation, I’m not an idiot. He asked if he scored, could he go? I said ‘No, only if you score two.’

In the game, he scored two goals, received a yellow card for taking his shirt off and he went on vacation. I also gave him an extra week off.”

12 Likes

Jose gets it, I’d say he’s a fascinating man

Jose Mourinho on the difference between being a captain and being a leader in a team:

“Being a captain and wearing the armband doesn’t mean being a leader. I had a captain who couldn’t be a leader. People associate wearing the armband with being the team leader. It’s not like that. Several times the captain is not the leader - Javier Zanetti and John Terry, yes they were. When you have these type of players in the locker room you can focus more on just being a coach."

“At Porto, for example, I had Jorge Costa. I remember one day we were losing 2-0 at the end of the first half against Belenenses and I was about to storm into the changing room. Before entering, he made me wait two minutes outside. When he finished talking and let me in, I just had to deal with tactical matters, because he had already taken care of the rest, the dirty work. He did everything I should have done. In the end, we won this match 3-2 and Jorge Costa scored two goals despite having never scored a goal in his life.”

"There is a big difference between a captain and a leader. You can’t buy leaders, or create leaders but when you have a leader on your team, your team is one step ahead. Unfortunately, the world of football is now all about image and people focus more on those who claim to be the leaders, rather than those who really are.”

4 Likes

With his contract up at the end of the season, Jose has been sacked by Roma following a bad run of results.

In typical Jose fashion, there have been 29 Red Cards shown to the Roma bench since he arrived there.

Jose is tremendous fun.

Surely Portugal has to be his next stop?

Wouldn’t rule out another return to Chelsea

Manchester United could do worse than go and ask him to come back.

He did say that guiding them to second was arguably his greatest achievement

Jose for Newcastle

2 Likes

They’d be made for each other actually

Could Denis O Brien come in and offer the Irish Job to Jose???.

Jaysus he’d be box office for the Ireland job

1 Like

He’s exactly what we need

Got sacked for signing Kevin Zefi

Be worth it to see him get stuck into Tony ODonoghue