Journalist Investigated over Teenage Girl

his refusal to buy 2 seats on a plane for his ample & portly frame was very telling about what a cunt he is

He hasn’t used it in almost 3 years!

you need help ffs, the girl is a child. The pervert should be castrated. You only need to abuse a child once to be a paedophile.

lets hope that there isnt anmore that he raped

I actually thought you were taking the piss earlier on Thraw. but seriously? you dont see a difference between a 47 year old man going after a 14 year old than if it was a 17 year old man? if you have a daughter and you found out a 47 year old was after abusing his position of authority, or if you saw your daughter off with a 17 year old lad from school, which one would you be most pissed off with? regardless of illness or whatever, illness doesnt absolve him or make excuse for him for doing that. its sick what he did, and completley and utterly wrong. just because he was ill or mentally unstable doesnt mean he can abuse a child.

I couldnt give a fook how sound he seems in his articles, to be honest, I was never particularily a fan, mainly because I thought his articles on the camogie feiles etc sounded seedy and perverse, ironicly enough. the way they were written didnt sit right with me, and I never really thought much of him after.

It’s a little known fact that Alan Shatter signed the “half your age plus seven” rule into law immediately when he became Minister for Justice. Howvever Tom Humphries should still be in the clear under the new law as a quick calculation shows:

14/2=7
7+7=14

He’s in the clear by 34 years.

its not ok if the guy is 17. Whatever age the guy is he will be prosecuted for statutory rape. Humphries covered it up for 18 months which indicates he knew he was doing wrong and therefore cant have been suffering too much of a mental defect.

Do you honestly believe a 14 year old girl has the capacity to legally consent to sex with an older man ?

Oh I know. I said he should be punished. But I reckon he lost the plot and that he’s fundamentally a decent man who’s gone astray. It could happen to one of us and I’d hate to think someone would be calling for me to rot in jail. He needs help, not medieval punishments or death.

I’m looking at this in a moralistic way, stop bombarding me with your legal mumbo jumbo.

I think Thrawneen is right, in that he shouldnt rot in jail, but he should at least have his balls cut off.

What kind of fucked up coaching manual was he using when he taught this girl about the ready position and keeping her strong hand on top?

fine ill ditch the legalese.

He has apparently used a position of trust to fuck a child. Nuff said

For 18 months. Don’t forget that. Oh and he got her to take pictures of herself.

That’s implying he got into mentoring in order to fuck young girls. I don’t think that’s the case. I think he got into mentoring for the right reasons and somehow developed feelings for a girl he was mentoring or came into contact with. It’s obvious she had feelings for him too and perhaps she instigated it. That’s very different from what you’ve just said.

[quote=“artfoley, post: 576853”]

Humphries covered it up for 18 months [/quote]
There was no risk of the girl getting pregnant,that at least showed some responsibility from him

What sort of coverage is this getting on the farmyard?

Thrawneen,
Your trying to defend the indefensible here. He was the adult here, and onus was on him to do the right thing i.e. walk away.

she may have instigated but she cannot consent to it. Itd all be fine for him if it wasnt for the law and those damned sexy kids

Wise advice for Thrawneen to take at this point.

Thrawneen, you’re making lots of assumptions that would paint him in a more favourable light.