Journalist Investigated over Teenage Girl

Journalist investigated over teenage girl
Updated: 22:16, Sunday, 10 April 2011

A prominent national newspaper journalist is being investigated on suspicion of having unlawful carnal knowledge of a teenage girl.

Gardaí in Dublin began the investigation after it emerged there had been inappropriate contact between the adult and the child.

The investigation is believed to have begun in the last month following a complaint from a family member.

Detectives have interviewed the girl who is in her mid teens.

They have also examined a phone and found text messages had been exchanged.

Gardaí have yet to speak to the journalist about the allegation.

Please, please, please let this be a Sindo kunt.

I’m going to willdly speculate that this person has the same surname as a prominent member of a 1970’s rock band with two words in its title, first word being the colour Nigel Owens wore during the Leinster-Leicester match and second word the surname of a drunken TV chef who died two years ago.

Racking my brains thinking of a Gilmour in the national media, Sid. :smiley: Seems a bit of a mad story given the guards haven’t even spoken to the suspect yet. They’ve examined a phone with some saucy stuff on it so far. The guards really appear to be leaking any auld shite these days so people move on from ‘rape gate’.

Ruth Dudley Edwards fondled Brendan O’Connors tits when he was a (fat) little girl.

I am now satisfied that I know the identity of this person and all I can say is that I sincerely hope is it not true.

Moved this to its own thread because it seemed to me it didn’t really belong on the other one.

Original story from the NOTW was:

[indent]A WELL-known journalist is at the centre of a shocking child sex investigation.The best-selling author, who can’t be named for legal reasons, has been accused of having a sexual relationship with a 16-year-old girl member of a Dublin GAA club.

It’s understood she’s known the journalist since she was just 14. A Garda investigation was launched two weeks ago after the writer’s daughter allegedly found sexually-explicit text messages he’d sent to the girl on an old mobile phone.

The daughter made the discovery when she put a sim card in and found the sordid texts. The journalist had given the phone to the teen who was collecting them to donate to a charity.
She showed the messages to her mother, who then took the phone to gardai.

On being found out, the journalist allegedly tried to take his own life. He’s now receiving medical care.

The Garda Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Unit has been called in, and officers are planning to interview other members of the girl’s GAA club. The standard practice in such cases is to discover if other children have been in contact with or were abused by an alleged perpetrator[/indent]

Not being familiar with Pink Floyd I don’t actually know who Sid is wildly speculating about but I think he may be wide of the mark if it’s one of the more famous members of that band. I’d have thought it more likely to be someone who is distinctly absent from their usual column for the past couple of weeks.

I know the identity of journalist - would it be wrong to stick his name on here ?

Did he sit beside former poster Fingal Raven on a plane once?

Not sure mate but he did conduct a famous interview for the Irish Times with Roy Keane prior to the 2002 World Cup

yes

Fucking hell. :blink:

Jaysus this is fairly mental stuff.

The indo carried the story on the front page this morning referencing the person as a sports journalist. It seems to lead to one person alright.

be careful what you are doing here. the moderation here is pretty fast and loose which is fine but if you want to have the place operating refrain from the usual two footed tackles in case its not as serious as its being painted

http://www.bermudasucks.com/forum/Smileys/character/yawn.gif

Thanks for stating the bleedin’ obvious.

How dare you.

I knew Watch the Break writing for the clare people was going to end in tears

The fact that the original story came from Paul Williams in the News of the World means the story should be treated with caution until anything is proved