Kerry v Tyrone - All-Ireland Football Final

Great performance from Tyrone.

Completely nullified the Donaghy/Walsh threat and looked far hungrier all over the park really. Not everyone played to their best but there was no shortage of workrate and the plans worked perfectly.

Cavanagh and Dooher were both superb and they needed to be because the rest of the forwards didn’t really fire. Dooher took the game to them for long periods but it was really Cavanagh’s class that made the difference. He was a constant thorn in Kerry’s side, his fielding was class, his running was class and his shooting was class.

Smashing game. Football was good at times and poor at times but the intensity was excellent throughout.

That was fooking beautiful. Get it right fooking up ye Kerry.

it was even enough to the last 10 but tyrone well deserved it - all the diving, time wasting, off the ball fouls is horrible to watch - cynicism rules the GGA these days-i read on another site that .Just over 30 minues actual play out of 74 minutes and Tyrone wasted around 10 minutes having men stay down looking for attention. mulligans dive at the end was funny too

I thought the time Cavanagh opted to fist over the bar when he had two men beside him ready to blast it to the net would come back and haunt him but he then kicked two savage points when they were needed.

Footballer of the year.

Cavanagh kept them in the game today in the first half when they were struggling and then kicked a quality point from distance in the second half when they were behind at 0-14 to 1-10. He was fantastic.

There was one unbelievable sequence of play where Declan O’Sullivan made a diving block in his own half and Kerry worked it upfield and Tyrone dispossessed them with some cracking tackling before Dooher took the ball down the wing and through some savage tackles and lofted it over with the outside of his right foot.

'Twas class.

That point from Dooher was sensational - everything that’s brilliant about the man.

But I think the most critical score was that one from Cavanagh that you mentioned above Bandage. Tyrone’s early second half momentum had finished and they looked a bit lost. Hughes had kicked a couple of horrible wides and they looked lost out there. Cavanagh then took the game upon himself and kicked a superb point from way out after screaming for the ball when others were reluctant to shoot.

That’s what great players do.

Paid e90 for a Canal ticket, the best value money I’ve spent for a long time. Cavanagh, Dooher and McMenamin were all sensational. Cavanagh shades it by a short head for MOTM for me for the way he stood up in the second half. Thought Jordan came into it too after a poor first half and the McMahons also did well. McConnell a hero with the two point blank saves. Tomas and Dara O’Se excellent for Kerry, Gooch good too, Donaghy wasn’t mapped. After all the hype about O’Neill and Galvin both didn’t do anything. A few Kerry people I spoke to post match weren’t too happy with the substitutions of Scanlon and Walsh. This possibly contributed to Tyrone’s domination of the breaks in the last 10 but the key factor for me was their unbelievable desire. Harte is now up there with the great managers. Tyrone’s hex on Kerry is reminiscent of Down in the 60’s - they really have the indian sign over them. Team of the decade.

defo ones the games of the year but thats more a reflection of another bad year for football - one tyrone got the bit between their teeth it was predictable enough they would beat kerry - what disappoints is that other teams might now try & emulate the cyncism cheating & fouling of the tyrone team - for all of kavanaghs brilliance, doohers gamesmanship & feigning injury as was mulligans dive -this is what gaa fans used to be roud about not having & it is terrible to watch-also some of the tyrone misses were woeful (hughes in particular) -one of the selectors was felled by a tyrone player at half time going into the tunnel- the GAA should learn from the afl which has gotten rid of all that silliness,

Great feicing game, full of action, skill and intensity, on beautiful sunny day in front of screaming 80,000 fans. No wonder you sound a bit bitter there ncc, after watching that spectacle your own beloved league of ireland must seem pretty crap in comparison.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]I thought the time Cavanagh opted to fist over the bar when he had two men beside him ready to blast it to the net would come back and haunt him but he then kicked two savage points when they were needed.

Footballer of the year.[/quote]

Cavanagh was outstanding today alright, took some beautiful scores, I reckon your right there farmer, footballer of the year material

Ya, soccer fan complains about cyncism (sic). Good one.

I fooking hate Kevin McStay.

That is all.

i know that football can be cyncial at times but GGA fans pride themselves about being manly & not cheating etc but with teams like tyrone & kerry at the top & players like o mahoney & dooher at it the whole time the GGA fans can lose the sneering attitude towards other sports - the GGA authorities should stamp it out -

funny thing was when they tried all that off the ball stuff against the aussies they were soon put in their place

the GAA should learn about discipline from the AFL which is a much cleaner game

The Sunday Game Pundits - Team of the Year

Rats Masterson - Wexford
Ryan McMenamin - Tyrone
Conor Gormley - Tyrone
Marc O’S - Kerry
Davy Harte - Tyrone
Toms O’S - Kerry
Philip Jordan - Tyrone
Enda McGinley - Tyrone
Pearse O’Neill - Cork
Brian Dooher - Tyrone
Colm Cooper - Kerry
Ciarn ‘20 Cent’ Lyng - Wexford
Ronan Clarke - Armagh
Sean Cavanagh - Tyrone
Kieran Donaghy - Kerry

Dodgy as fook.

Mcstay is a sanctamonious cunt

2 wexford men on the sunday game team of the year but no room for matty or red

[quote=“padjo”]Mcstay is a sanctamonious cunt

2 wexford men on the sunday game team of the year but no room for matty or red[/quote]

no brogan? thats laughable

Sean Cavanagh’s bird is tasty.

Mattie Forde didn’t deserve to get in. A good game against Armagh and a few points in the end against Meath. That’s it.

Quit crying will ye. No Dubs in it eventhough they hockeyed ye in Leinster and only two from Kerry.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]Mattie Forde didn’t deserve to get in. A good game against Armagh and a few points in the end against Meath. That’s it.

Quit crying will ye. No Dubs in it eventhough they hockeyed ye in Leinster and only two from Kerry.[/quote]

There’s 4 from Kerry on it you big, uncoordinated freak.

I didn’t sense a crying tone - padjo just pointed out other Wexford contenders that didn’t make it.

I doubt any Wexford supporter would be expecting us to get more than 2 All Stars and it’ll probably be 1 in the end.

[quote=“Bandage”]There’s 4 from Kerry on it you big, uncoordinated freak.

I didn’t sense a crying tone - padjo just pointed out other Wexford contenders that didn’t make it.

I doubt any Wexford supporter would be expecting us to get more than 2 All Stars and it’ll probably be 1 in the end.[/quote]

There definitely was a crying tone.

You fat mouthy heap of shite with no backbone.