Kerry v Tyrone - All-Ireland Football Final

Tyrone were a very appealing 7/4 when I checked the prices last week and I think I’ll be having some of that. But before I do anything I’ll wait to see what’s NCC’s take on things given his successful hurling final prediction. I would expect that Stephen O’Neill will be kept in reserve but I anticipate Paul Galvin starting. Darragh O’S wil be back too of course. History has shown that once Tyrone get a sniff of the title under Harte they invariably go on and win it and they’ve beaten Kerry in their last 2 championship meeting. They really stepped it up in their last two matches too and played like a really good and cohesive unit. Kerry were exceptional against Galway, dominated Cork first time but didn’t put them away and were only good in spells in the replay. Their returning players will give them a boost but I think Tyrone might sneak it.

Kerry in a fucking stormer imo. Beg borrow or steal a ticket to this game fellas, its gonna be epic.

Really looking forward to this. Loads of hype about the hurling but it was only ever going to end one way - this has the makings of a classic however.

Would love to see Tyrone win it. Like alot of their players and their obvious arrogance (you need self-belief at that level) seems more understated and they have less of the “divine right to be there” shite that seems to follow Kerry around.

cant wait for the match i say Tyrone will edge it, Kerry are making few too many mistakes which isnt like them but then again you cant underestimate them. People are saying they shouldnt start Galvin cos it wouldnt be fair on the player who replaced em for the year but they should they need there strongest players out there.

Very hard to call this one.

Tyrone have been the most impressive team in the Championship thus far but Kerry could have a big game in them. No doubt they have a problem in the full back line and with Cavanagh in there could cuase big problems but man do they have quality forwards.

Kerry by 4 points.

I have a hunch that Tyrone might do Kerry again. They’ve been a bogey for them at pretty much every level since about 1990 and they are the one county in Ireland that Kerry fear. Tactically I expect them to be well able for Kerry. I think all the pressure is on Kerry going into this one. Their title as team of the decade is gone if they lose this as far as I’m concerned.

Kerry looked there for the taking against Cork and I still don’t think Cork are that great a team. Tyrone by 3.

do ye think Paul Galvin will start?

i think kerry are on their last legs but haven’t met a team good enough to beat them yet…tyrone could be that team…if tyrone start overlapping from everywhere like they did against dublin and wexford kerry could all of a sudden look like a spent force…well thats what i’m hoping for…realistically do you think O’Neill has any chance of starting or is it just a bit of mind games by Harte to show its not just kerry’s squad that has been reinforced with O se and galvin returning…

I think Galvin should definitely start as he’s one of their most important players and I think he will start too. For the life of me, I can’t remember who’s been filling in for him. Was is Donnacha Walsh or someone?

Donncha Walsh, the same Donncha who has scored something like 4 goals in 6 starts for Kerry this year to be fair on him.

I wouldnt start him, hold him back, he hasn’t played 70 minutes since last years All Ireland semi final, no matter how fit he is, it’d be a bit much to expect him to do match fit for 70 mins in the biggest game of the decade.

You’d also lose out on the boost to be gained from bringing him in.

Of course O Shea could start him, sub him, and bring him back in…

I’m going to go for Kerry on this. I believe in the numbers game and the fact that Tyrone have beaten them twice on the last two occasions that Kerry are due a win against them. Plus Kerry are just class, their win against Galway in particular stands out.

Kerry by 2

Kerry seem to lack fitness, its the only reason I can think of for their dramatic fade out of the games against Cork.

I’d imagine O’Shea will have worked on this a bit but there is fook all that can done in terms of stamina training a couple of weeks before an AI final.

Kerry have the best bunch of footballers in the country, no doubt but Tyrone are the next best team and they’re close enough in ability to bridge the gap by way of their high intensity play and tactical nous.

So Tyrone to win.

Don’t know if it’ll be a cracker, 2 of the 2 most cynical teams in the country.

Kerry were knackered by the 50th minute of their last two games. But what they have are 6 forwards that can score, and three more sitting down; and their defence isn’t inept either. The Animal kingdom might be unfit but they can play.

Galvin won’t start but the fucker will finish; make no mistake that tramp will collect on Sunday.

Animals to win.

Fuckers

seen both semis and Tyrone were far more impressive of the two I thought.

Kerry have tired in patches in every game so far but they have some class up front, unreal. Tommy Walsh will want to win one before he goes to Oz.

Id start Galvin, he is too important not to, Cork won about 15 kick outs in a row in the semi between clean catches and breaks. That would not have happened on Galvins watch

Tyrone though, just.

[quote=“dancarter”]seen both semis and Tyrone were far more impressive of the two I thought.

Kerry have tired in patches in every game so far but they have some class up front, unreal. Tommy Walsh will want to win one before he goes to Oz.

Id start Galvin, he is too important not to, Cork won about 15 kick outs in a row in the semi between clean catches and breaks. That would not have happened on Galvins watch

Tyrone though, just.[/quote]

jesus don’t I know it; the first day out my half time (1 pt down) guzzeling was filled with me reminding all about how lucky we are that Pug Galvin was off.

On paper the king of the animals should start, but the Animal Kingdom won’t risk booing during the parade; Tyrone will be louder than the one day eventers that are the Kerry supporters.

He won’t be starting.

Tyrone by 4 points.

Tyrone have beaten nothing yet, Kerry havent played for 70 mins yet. Kerry by between 2 and 4.

Kerry have beaten nothing yet, tyrone have the bit between their teeth the loylalist dogfighters by between 2 and 4

Kerry by +4.

This might actually be the first time NCC and I agree on something!