Kev

Anywhere with enough civilization for this not to be the cultural highpoint of the day will struggle.

Kiely is right, but he has the luxury of being a settled manager in a settled side in a professional set up, and knows it’ll only take a half hour with a bag of red blood cells to get Cian back up to speed.

1 Like

Id add that you can’t by definition have “generational talent” annually.

3 Likes

Move to under 19 is crazy in my opinion. Harty cup is under 19 plus most young lads doing leaving at 19.

6 Likes

No wonder Cian is playing College for Galway, free ride for college and living rent free in yer heads

I never knew Richie was involved with Galway until now, how has he fared so far as a coach?

I used to be fairly friendly with him when we were in school together but haven’t been in contact with him in donkeys.

He was an intelligent chap and I’d say the players like him. I always thought he overachieved when on the KK panel which is a testament to his attitude more than anything but Cody must’ve had good time for him

1 Like

He did really well as Coach for Ballyhale Shamrocks 2018-19 and was both well regarded and well liked by the players. I believe there was a similar response in Thomastown. And yes, like all the O’Neills, Richie is very intelligent (and shrewd about hurling and hurlers). He was likewise greatly respected during his time in UCC GAA Club.

Not sure he overperformed – but I would be a bit biased for being great friends with one of his brothers. Although only subgoalkeeper with the All Ireland-winning Kilkenny U21 team of 2003, which is a story in itself, Richie was ultimately promoted into the Senor panel ahead of David Herity. The cruciate injury in 2007 ultimately fecked up whatever chance Richie had. Funny enough, doing cruciate rehab in tandem with Henry made the two of them close. So, silver linings and all that…

2 Likes

Shrude mate, shrude.

The man from Shrule…

We call them “shrude oparators” round here.
Eugene Cloonan is the prototype.

1 Like

We have over 100 girls in my eldest’s age group in Cuala, they train twice a week. The organisation and effort put in by both coaches and players is fantastic but as you said they don’t even look at the hurley the days they’re not training or playing matches.

The problem with Dublin is there isn’t the space for that free play, when we were young we’d be out every day either pucking the ball against a wall or tipping around with your mates in the garden. My garden is about the size of a postage stamp so any practice outside of normal training has to be prearranged to go to the nearest park which very rarely happens

1 Like

Very happy to hear Richie is doing so well, he was obsessed with the game as a young fella

1 Like

we used to play football on the road in winter, 3 cage families have ruined that

1 Like

We play a bit on the road too but the cagers are very precious of their cages

1 Like

Congrats on the big win @caoimhaoin

Would you not just send him an aul tweet?

I wonder what Kev won? His club lost a county final today, either way :man_shrugging:

Involved with Newcestown

1 Like

https://twitter.com/movementcoachkm/status/1728353688782020858

Some blows being traded between the great man and Colm Parkinson of Parnells fame

Unseemly stuff