Kev

That time him and nembo kid went head to head for two weeks about a Tyrone v Dublin game was iconic. It was going on 14 hours a day.

If I recall correctly nembo kid couldnā€™t get a ticket until the morning of the game.

King con scored after like 7 seconds and the game was over.

Incredible times.

Iā€™d have Kev 100 times ahead of that other weirdo.

7 Likes

Iā€™d say heā€™s definitely in the top 5 posters Ever to grace this site.

2 Likes

He brought out the best in Kev

Number one for sheer entertainment alone.

This one is weird. I actually went to greenland and yes i did meet someone from Cork. He was flying the helicopter. I said it to Kev. He said it wasnt that guy it was a different Cork fella he was on about.

12 Likes

My recollection was that the great man signed off with a goodbye post telling us heā€™d outgrown TFK & we were all clowns but I clicked into his profile there & his last posts are run of the mill GAA football championship arguments. He was last seen on TFK the day of his last post so he wasnā€™t even stealthily checking back in as a lurker. When Kev says heā€™s gone, heā€™s gone.

1 Like

Kev was a good guy at heart . Took a lot of heavy tackles on here like being doxxed, slagged for being adopted and still came back for more and tried to help lads with sporting injuries .
And he wasnā€™t lying about his olive skinned good looks neither ! Guaappoo!

3 Likes

Why were you in Greenland? What was it like?

Was working on a project there. It was amazing scenery wise etc but also bleak as fuck. The town we were in was picturesque enough, little wooden houses i think but there was fuckall to do there and it was freezing. In winter there is about 1km inland hospitable then its just ice and permafrost. Presume that has changed now. Was meant to go hunting seals with some of the locals but the ice had started to melt unseasonably early that year for some reasonā€¦, think around 2004, and we went for a spin in the sleds with the huskies round a safer part. Polar Bear tastes nice, raw whale is the most disgusting thing youā€™ll ever taste. It stuck in my gums for about 2 days despite numerous brushing. They also do a range of dried fish sticks which i hated but would like to try again now. Flights were circular and weather dependent so we got stuck in iceland for a couple of days on the way there. Well we flew to the south of greenland, got out of the plane and looked around etc, then had to fly back to Reykjavik cos the easterly airport we were going to was unlandable. we ended up spending an absolute fortune in an irish bar cos they were showing ireland v england in rugby and ireland won. Pretty sure it was anyway. We also got stuck on the way back. We got helicoptered off the mainland to a small island where the landing strip is but had to wait there for 2 days for the right conditions. That island has nothing except an air strip, the airport building and a hotel to house the people who get stuck. There were 3 of us and a bottle of wines was 40quid. Myself and the wexford fella ocuppied ourselves with skill games and challenges including various throwing games, carpet bowls, seeing who could stand outside the longest etc. The other guy was a freak and we were happy to be away from him.

15 Likes

Hi kev.

2 Likes

Are the viking ruins still visible in Greenland? You probably didnā€™t get into it, but are they remembered any way by the indigenous population? Maybe particular words or stories?

Pretty sure they existed there for a couple of hundred years.

Are you not on here for the last two years only? Huh

Not where i was mate. They may have been under a fuckload of snow however.

The same gang went on to discover Americaā€¦ The northern hemisphere experienced a mini ice age around the 1300/1400s that effectively killed the settlement. Most of them left but a clatter stayed and they most likely starved. The last recorded word was from a wedding there around 1410ā€¦ Think they first landed around 990ADā€¦ Nearly 500 years colonization and they never adapted to the indigenous way of things - they stuck to tillage and cattle.

1 Like

Heā€™s on here regularly under a new username for prowling

1 Like

Kev was as sound as a bell. He got the @backinatracksuit treatment for years

1 Like

I often went missing after a wedding for 500 years

2 Likes

Pity Kev jas left. He would have been box office on the Israli thread.

The klaxon sounded . Kev is a big loss in fairness. Not enough confident guys around here.

1 Like