Kev

The klaxon has sounded…

17 Likes

‘C’mere I’ll cook you out of house and home fella’

as he collected his weekly ready made dinners from the back room of a pub.

2 Likes

Not long before he fucked off for good.

The pitch was 70% paid for by some government scheme, I think it only cost the GAA (Croke Park/Connacht GAA) around €1m, which for what it is, is a pittance. It’s certainly not a white elephant project. To cover a real grass pitch you’d be talking many multiple of that.

Also I hear that grass likes the sunshine for some reason.

7 Likes

That’s what you took from it :man_shrugging:
I thought maybe it wasn’t used as commonly around the country, I don’t hear it in Limerick

The Desmond league could do with a dome, blanket call offs for the third weekend in a row

Yeah its mad how its not considered a good thing. Arguments of you dont play on astro pitches or whatever. Sure if you cant train in much and slop sure its not real at all. Never mind the fact that you can multiple team uses on a pitch that you otherwise wouldnt get at this time of year on grass pitches. ITs a great investment.

But unless you are creating real time game scenarios, not worth a fuck. Same as training on your own. Pointless. Practicing frees? fuck off for yourself. Its not real.

5 Likes

Logic seems to be people should be training in muck and shit in winter so they’ll be ready for the rock hard pitches in summer

4 Likes

If Willie Mullins has deep gallops we’ll have deep pitches

Groins and hamstrings would be torn off a lad during training in the muck and dirt …

no, if you go by the thread, I think there is evidence to prove 3 and 4G pitches are actually really, really shit and you are a fool if you use them

1 Like

Hurling off a wall?

Fuck off. you need 8 lads leathering to shite out of you to develop touch

2 Likes

Did Covid fuck the old cash payments for trainers gig?

Come here fella - mind your own fucking business.

9 Likes

I’m going off experience , I was well washed up by the time 3G and 4G pitches came about …I used to find the turning and slipping in the mud desperate for the groins .

One of my favourite things about Kev’s unreal Twitter feed is when he gets involved in arguments with other S&C types over terminology/language and they take to correcting each other over semantics. It never tends to go down well on either side, as an unfailing belief you’re right about everything seems to be a prerequisite in the field. Better still if the initial tweet has referenced an obscure incident and/or low profile match to appear more learned. He was having a to and fro with a fella recently about whether something was a skill or a technique and the exchanges were getting more offhand/dismissive as they went along.

16 Likes

Over 3 years gone, and yet…

3 Likes

In a week that’s been tinged with sadness after Faldos passing, the last 20 odd posts on this thread put a smile on my face. Its the TFK way, you never truly leave the place.

8 Likes

Is this the @caoimhaoin that left here because he needed to fade out of public view?

1 Like