Kilkenny GAA thread

After reading this thread I’m going to predict that Cody won’t retire and it’s just an elaborate wind up

2 Likes

@iron_mike is an honorary Kilkenny man, we’re blessed to have him

2 Likes

Didn’t think Cody would leave on a loss.

[quote=“Fran, post:4130, topic:15444, full:true”]

@iron_mike is an honorary Kilkenny man, we’re blessed to have him

Delighted to be here.

2 Likes

And champions. Don’t forget champions.

4 Likes

Remember this fran?

3 Likes

Fair fucks to you for remembering that Mike :grin:, I really hope you enjoyed it

I’ve got squatters rights

Cody wanted him to come in and be his number two, to be fair to him maybe he did intend on Henry taking over them this year, but Henry probably looked at history and saw how Cody invites lads in to kill the clamour for them.
He probably also is well aware of the fact that Cody listens to absolutely no one other than himself. And didn’t want to be that fella on the sideline on Sunday begging Cody to make a change while Cody told him to go way and fuck for himself.
Tis sad to see two great who soldiered together like that fall out. But it seems there is only one way to end up with Cody. None of the KK lads ever say a bad word about him, but its never exactly complimentary either. He keeps lads on their toes I guess. Perhaps the reason for his enduring greatness.

5 Likes

County board are currently trying to convince him to stay. Stay tuned.

1 Like

FWIW i think Cody deserves one more shot with that team. He has rebuilt another side and has shown he can get them within a whisker of winning it.
The tactics aren’t great although i thought their use of ball improved, but I’m not sure better tactics could replace what Cody brings. Could anyone get more from them. I’m not sure.

3 Likes

They were terrible on puck outs and there’s nearly 80 puck outs in a game nowadays.

They have no tactics.

:flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed:

@Pikeman walks among us. Wow.

Shhh don’t scare him away

Spam

He’d remind me of Flanagan early doors.

Mark has a fine reputation in College circles. He will thrive under better coaching too imo.

1 Like

Id say hes is privately kicking himself that he allowed the KK half back line to be so loose in the final.
That shit goes against his core belief of a wing back stopping the ball going through above all else.Defend first and foremost.

The loose wing back that scores a couple of points while his man runs riot wont play in that position again under his watch.

Paddy wont ever play in the half back line again for Kilkenny as long as hes there.And if he does,then Cody needs to sail off into the sunset.

Well they were brutal on puck outs and there’s 80 odd of those in a game. I don’t really think it’s possible to implement tactics if you aren’t on top at puck outs.