Kilkenny GAA thread

Kilkenny hurling coach who conned childhood friend out of €42,000 withdraws sentence appeal (msn.com)

Great piece today @Malarkey on one of my hero’s from the 80s. I’d never have a bad word said about Pender.

4 Likes

The Callan crowd have invaded Na Piarsaigh today.

FAO @Locke

2 Likes

:heart_eyes:

1 Like

Just looking ahead to next year was the year for the potential 5 in a row more of a buzz in the county than the 4?

1 Like

That is unquestioned immortality, TBE, GOAT stuff.

Could’ve done it last year with a fair wind.

The Kilkenny’s will confirm but the hype back in 2009/2010 used to be off the charts.

Lads from both counties would be in Semple Stadium on the Tuesday watching Tipp train and then down to Nowlan Park on the Wednesday to watch Kilkenny go at it.

The Tipp subs had a lovely little traditon of playing Portumna in a Box Office Industries Challenge Match around 10 days out from the final and whoever played well used come on in Croke Park. Benny Dunne used tear it up in those games.

3 Likes

Yeah but I’m asking which year.

2010 especially with everything that went on.

1 Like

Looking forward to next year already.

Shur as long we can keep it respectable and you get to beat Clare to get the 5 next year.

1 Like

True, we’ll be happy with that.

You need to get yourself primed for a jazzy song to reflect the mood of the county. This was an all time classic, never got the recognition it should have

2 Likes

:smiley: fucking hell.

Walter gets one between the posts.

1 Like

Fair play to Walter, double jobbing as a waiter at his own wedding. You can’t beat the work rate of the Kilkenny forwards

15 Likes

Me man with the glasses on. Gimp.

Unless he’s blind. Could be an umpire.

1 Like

@Locke boys getting a hiding by their own lads.

Ger Aylward