Kilkenny Hurling

[QUOTE=“corner back, post: 954319, member: 1572”]New location is out Kells Road just past Bamford Cross.

Just to be pedantic @Midshipman Asha, I don’t think the plan was to sell Larchfield. They had planned to sell the ground up the road at St Joseph’s where the youngsters hurled. I think it was sale agreed and fell through, not dissimilar to Portlaoise.

It was definitely Special Junior in my time. The most dangerous level to play hurling at. Even if lads weren’t dirty, some would be so awkward that you’d get a belt anyway. I remember having to go to casualty to get stitches after playing Muckalee once. I came out to find two more of my teammates in the waiting room. You’d need your helmet against those boys.[/QUOTE]

Playing at the Specials grade down south was mental back in the day. Carrigeen’s top side was a Special Junior team where as we were the chaff of the club sent out on a Sunday morning below in Piltown usually to do battle.

Did part of Nowlan Park fall apart during stormy winter weather?

What stands are open tonight?

I’ll be cutting it tight to get to the ground in time for throw-in so new stand or old stand, chaps and @Midshipman Asha?

[QUOTE=“Bandage, post: 954444, member: 9”]Did part of Nowlan Park fall apart during stormy winter weather?

I’ll be cutting it tight to get to the ground in time for throw-in so new stand or old stand, chaps and @Midshipman Asha?[/QUOTE]

You want new stand. The old stand was damaged and now no longer has a roof.

Cool, thanks.

Is the stand not finished yet? They should go the length of that side of the pitch; cover the lot. It would be a grand ground then.

No, Ned says it’ll be finished for the county final or thereabouts. They were waiting for the planning permission to come through- they were never able to touch it before because it was so close to the houses in Assumption but I gather they put in for permission to cover the whole lot.

Apparently Sky are putting the cameras facing the New Stand for the match on Saturday

[QUOTE=“Bandage, post: 954444, member: 9”]Did part of Nowlan Park fall apart during stormy winter weather?

I’ll be cutting it tight to get to the ground in time for throw-in so new stand or old stand, chaps and @Midshipman Asha?[/QUOTE]
Yes the asbestos sheets on the roof blew off in the storm. The stand had an air of a bald man with a couple of strands of hair when I was down there for the ill fated league game.

Battered by Dublin in the minor
Clobbered by Wexford in the U-21

When’s the crisis summit?

[QUOTE=“Piles Hussain, post: 954862, member: 363”]Battered by Dublin in the minor

When’s the crisis summit?[/QUOTE]
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Kilkenny are fucked. Cody has set Kilkenny hurling back years. It gives me no pleasure to say that.

Such has been the abject nature of the championship performances delivered by Kilkenny at minor & U21 level this year, I’m beginning to think Offaly could prevail in the Sky Sports Super Saturday showdown.

Offaly won’t but Laois could and should have been ready to deliver the blow next day out. Sadly its Galways honour now.

Remember Laois giving them a right rattle in Dr Cullen Park in 1995. Kilkenny won by a point or two in the end. Took a goal from Denis Byrne a few minutes from the end (think it was picked as goal of the year too) to save Kilkenny’s bacon that day.

Byrne’s goal and a Joe Dermody wonder save at the end. Bill Maher had DJ in his pocket that day, then again, he always had the measure of him.

A Joe Dermody wonder save. What’s seldom is wonderful.

98 was another. O’Neill scored two fucking monster points that day and Ken O Shea goaled as well. Broke my heart.

Fint Lalor took that shot that Dermody saved, christ I thought we had them. Got absolutely spanked the following year iirc.

[QUOTE=“Piles Hussain, post: 954862, member: 363”]Battered by Dublin in the minor

Check your emails

jazzes lads ye really don’t know the first thing about hurling. The pick of Dublin, Galway, laois, Wexford, Westmeath and all of the Munster non contact brigade would keep the ball pucked out to Kilkenny this year.

The night After we get ye of a fine August evening

Yes I agree. They would keep the ball pucked out to Kilkenny.

Have you taken the new members quiz yet? If you haven’t fuck right off,