Killarney?

Heading down for the weekend, all advice on walks, sights, pubs and restaurants etc welcome.

Everything is as dear as fuck. But, you will probably have a good weekend regardless.

Badmouth Bill Cullen and you’ll be sorted

Bit more of a shit hole than people might think, massive knacker element there, both visiting and local. Town is a bit tourist weary and has nothing of the friendliness of West or South West Kerry.

Once you hit the roundabout on the outskirts of the town coming from Limerick, swing around and head for Dingle for the weekend mate.

+1 To what Kev and Horsebox have both said. A grand town for a night if the weathers fine and there is football championship being played but other than that hit Dingle instead.

Failing that head to Kenmare or even further west

Cheers lads, i’m well equipped for a great weekend now.

Killarney is grand for a base if you are doing a lot of touring around Kerry. But for a weekend, I’d rather Dingle or Kenmare.

Have you considered Tralee? It’s like the worst parts of Limerick city, but closer to the sea, and it has a windmill.

Listen, you shower of mutton headed freaks. I am going to Killarney, I dont give a fuck where you’d prefer to go, I am only interested in Killarney… so post up the goods or fuck the fuck off. With the current state of the weather I imagine there wont be much walking or site seeing done so i’ll be staying between the sheets for most of the weekend(No help required there thank you) So a few pubs and nice restaurants would be great??

If you are in Killarney go to Courteneys. There will be live music on a Saturday night. +1 to the above on Kenmare. You could do the ring of Kerry from Killarney, Kenmare will be on the way back to Killarney. You could stop off in Kate Kearneys for food along the way.

Dingle is a very long trek but great spot. Go to the South Pole inn in Annascaul.Just outside Dingle in Ceann Trá/Ventry then will be tigh O Sé’s or Paidi O Sés pub to you and I. Great pubs. Stay away from the hillgrove though. an absolute dive.

Ok then. If you are going for something to eat go to the lake hotel. As the name suggests it is located right beside the lakes of Killarney and they do great food. The grounds are amazing around the place. Go when it is bright so you can truely appreciate it. Tatler Jacks and Cube are other good pubs/late bars.

I’ve been in Dingle, Annascaul, kenmare and Tralee, thanks lads… I said I would try somewhere different, as I am a crazy bastard like that, and go to Killarney… Who would have thought that a thread on here,seeking some basic advide, would transcend into a complete farce? o_O

Would you not just go to Dingle and stop being an awkward cunt?

If your sex life was so good you wouldn’t need an escape or have to revert to materialism to woo your bitch. If youre looking to spice it up you’ve hit a snag, and all the boasting in the world that it is otherwise is only fooling yourself, mate.

:smiley: :clap:

The Runt is still rattled by this one!

Well me old mate, I’m not heading off for a dirty weerkend, but the weather is ensuring it will largely go that way… Seeing as our relationship is somewhat long distance and only on weekends it makes no difference where we meet up…oh… and … she paid :eek:

Nicest chowder I’ve ever eaten…and I’ve eaten a lot of fucking chowder.

You’ve a great auld life!

The lakes, mucross house, torc etc are all nice spots on fine day. If the weather stays like this your fucked though. There is a load of pubs and clubs in Killarney, a quick count gives me 4 clubs easy. Ask a local which one is in fashion as the crowds move between them from time to time. If out late stop off in the chipper and get a stuffing chip & curry. It’s the local speciality. Scott’s is one of the busier pubs in town, bit like the icon bar, wouldn’t be my scene but on a Saturday night there should be a crowd there. Tattler Jacks is an okay spot aswell.
If boozing in Killarney be cash rich there is fuck all ATM’s in the town and the queues at night are huge

[quote=“Julio Geordio, post: 750868, member: 332”]The lakes, mucross house, torc etc are all nice spots on fine day. If the weather stays like this your fucked though. There is a load of pubs and clubs in Killarney, a quick count gives me 4 clubs easy. Ask a local which one is in fashion as the crowds move between them from time to time. If out late stop off in the chipper and get a stuffing chip & curry. It’s the local speciality. Scott’s is one of the busier pubs in town, bit like the icon bar, wouldn’t be my scene but on a Saturday night there should be a crowd there. Tattler Jacks is an okay spot aswell.
If boozing in Killarney be cash rich there is fuck all ATM’s in the town and the queues at night are huge[/quote]
I stayed in Tattler Jacks before on a stag-I’ve seen cleaner skips than the room the cunts charged me €70 to stay in.