King Henry of Galway (Part 1) šŸ‘‘

He probably wants to be seen to be tough considering some of the criticism he got last year

Some fairly stupid cunts starting to emerge on this thread now.

Thanks for clarifying my point.

What point? that you make random useless comments on my posts because you are a deeply insecure person.

If he is bending to local media then he is a weak person. He should do it his way. however it was a general comment on all GAA. You stupid cunt.

1 Like

You have an issue with Managers dropping and adding players to their squads? A media announcement then is another problem?

Are you being serious here?

Yes i have ab issue with these constant media announements. It gives me the impression alot of tgese cunts live seeing their name in the paper.

There is no need for it. the list that matters next is the squad for the first league game. And then the list given to the ref for championship. nothing else matters. if a fella is told he is off the panel it will get around soon enough. tell your friends and family and fuck everyone else.

This is all part of the bew jumped up status of IC GAA player, brought on by tgese GPA cunts who are driving the club into the ground.

I realise pubstooler West Brits like you wonā€™t get this, but there is no contracts. this is simply representitive playing. a County is you represebting your club. you are not hired or fired.

1 Like

Donoghue wouldnā€™t be the type to deliberately embarrass lads (except in Collinsā€™ case) which weā€™ll give him a pass on. Surprised Cyril has been cut.

1 Like

In English please Kev. You are all over the shop.

Are you really saying a Manager hasnā€™t the right to drop players from a panel and then ask them back in?

These lads had no issue hanging Cunningham out to dry, Cyril I thought had something still to offer but the writing was on the wall for the rest

3 Likes

You dumb fool.

Thats exactly what i am not saying. He has that right.

So the media canā€™t report on News that is already in the open domain?

:rollseyes:

Nembo style or arguing i see. you really have nothing at all yourself do ya?

The ppint is its all nonsense. there should be no announcements.

But sure the reason for the announcements is that the media will announce and speculate one way or the other. You canā€™t win. Players have came out in the past complaining about the way they were let go from panels as well. See Dublin hurlers this year for example. Panels disband at the end of the championship and the manager should have free reign to bring whoever he wants for the next year and shouldnā€™t have to pander to former players who are deemed surplus to requirement. Of course itā€™s common courtesy to thank someone for their service but if you donā€™t make a statement thereā€™s a chance the media/player will put a negative spin on it and cause disharmony in the camp.

Fair point. but i still donā€™t agree with all this nobsense. Every manager now is ā€œcullingā€ and ā€œchoppingā€ players. and as you say, they are just not being choosen for the next competition panel.

Iā€™m surprised Cyril is gone, but I have every faith in o donoghue.

Am I the only one who canā€™t see any sign of any press release or media announcement anywhere? These are all word-of-mouth articles by the look of it.

Yeah but in fairness to managers itā€™s the media and lads on places like this using those terms. Also if donoghue kept those lads training up to the league and then dropped them from the panel heā€™d be getting stick for that as well. The way things are now with media especially online you are always going to get criticised no matter what you do. Paper never refused ink as the saying goes. Look at all the attention Waterford got when they changed up their panel. All the media talked about and asked McGrath about was the switch up in personnel for the first six months after he did it

1 Like

If Cyril was going to do anything in a Galway shirt he would have done it by now, itā€™s probably best he went and somebody new be given a shot

2 Likes

Heā€™s knocking around a long time now and it must be said that heā€™s very average for IC level. I can only remember one great performance (Kilkenny in Leinster final). Canā€™t fault the man for his efforts over the years but heā€™s no massive loss.

2 Likes

Cyril is well past it lads.

Iā€™d always have a soft spot for Tannian. Hate seeing him dropped.

1 Like